• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Can Dubau repeat that performance - and be this season's Braidot, or was it a one off? He was 2nd in the French Cup race behind Gaze so seems in good form.
Since he is a CX racer I hope he continues to do well in XCO. To me, it seems like a CX and MTB race schedule would be an ideal race calendar. You can have a nice break late winter/early spring and another nice break in late summer/early fall. It's when you try to add in too many road races, like Pidcock and MvdP, that things get complicated.

Since he is a CX racer I hope he continues to do well in XCO. To me, it seems like a CX and MTB race schedule would be an ideal race calendar. You can have a nice break late winter/early spring and another nice break in late summer/early fall. It's when you try to add in too many road races, like Pidcock and MvdP, that things get complicated.

Yes, absolutely. As you say, racing both disciplines, and to a decent standard should be possible - a pity we don't see more doing it.
Once riders get involved with the road, trying to find space to race on the MTB becomes a problem.

ESMTB reporting that Lenzerheide is out next year; seems a ridiculous decision....a popular venue with massive crowds.

google translate indicates it is more a (1 year?) break than farewell but no further details... maybe some major reconstructions of the place? who knows...

Reactions: jmdirt
So Schwarzbauer got it rigth this time even if it helps not having to race Piddock and Gaze (such a shame with that crash).

Rissveds really loves Lenzerheide, I was a bit worried after Nove Mesto even if it was very wet then which she doesn’t like.

ESMTB reporting that Lenzerheide is out next year; seems a ridiculous decision....a popular venue with massive crowds.

It will be in Crans Montana in 2024, as warm up for the 2025 World Championships that will be held there.

Jolanda Neff alluded to that on her instagram post after the National Championships (who were also there this year)

What can you say about N1no, and Rachel.......born winners......

Nino is just so consistent that I think he'll likely win another World Cup overall - his rivals have too many off days. And I wouldn't write him off winning another World title.

A super last lap from Lecomte, who went on that Tarmac climb......hard to see her not winning next week in Leogang.

TRENDING THREADS