• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Double header this weekend in Leogang, Austria. 3rd round of the XC World Cup, but the 1st round of the DH World Cup.

XC: Lots of climbing in Leogang, which should favour Lecomte; PF-P will surely challenge for a podium on this course were she won the World Championship - and Neff looks to be returning to form; a 4th place in the TdSuisse is very good result.
As for the men; Flueckinger has looked the most consistent, and I never write Nino off; even though he was miles off here last year, when Sarrou won.

Lecomte is just in another league; none of the others can climb like her. Climbing is all about W/Kg, and being a lightweight she appears to find it easy. Add in her excellent technical skills and you have a all round rider.

One wonders how long her contract with Massi lasts; as surely one of the bigger teams will come with a big contract; she seems to be a winning machine, why wouldn't you try to sign her?

Reactions: jmdirt
Lecomte is just in another league; none of the others can climb like her. Climbing is all about W/Kg, and being a lightweight she appears to find it easy. Add in her excellent technical skills and you have a all round rider.

One wonders how long her contract with Massi lasts; as surely one of the bigger teams will come with a big contract; she seems to be a winning machine, why wouldn't you try to sign her?
I believe she has contract with them on yearly basis (or till the end of 2021 season)... She said last year that she's staying with Massi for at least 1 more year (2021) as she feels good in that "family"... But it is surely only matter of time she'll join one of the big teams - she is ideally built for the XCO (lightweight, strong, technically capable), she could become "female Nino" throughout the next 10 years.

Reactions: jmdirt
Looks like Jolanda had a big crash and broke her hand - still managed to finish 4th
I was wondering why she suddenly slowed down towards the end of the race... looks like it's hard to ride MTB with broken hand ;)

I believe she has contract with them on yearly basis (or till the end of 2021 season)... She said last year that she's staying with Massi for at least 1 more year (2021) as she feels good in that "family"... But it is surely only matter of time she'll join one of the big teams - she is ideally built for the XCO (lightweight, strong, technically capable), she could become "female Nino" throughout the next 10 years.

If it was a male rider climbing & riding away from the best, I imagine World Tour teams would be knocking on the door with offers galore....

Oh... They are for sure knocking on her doors. She's just happy where she is and focusing on the current WC, WCH and Olympics. After that, I'm 99% sure she will move to one of the big teams (Scott, Specialized, Trek).
I'd love to see her stay at Massi! The money people at Massi need to figure out how to match any offers. It seems like they already have a support system that she likes so they just need to find money either from within or from an outside partner.

Reactions: glassmoon
Another double header weekend at Les Gets; XC & DH........

No idea if Pidcock is racing, he was originally meant to be, but haven't heard anything since last weeks road race.

Lecomte looks the favourite, on a pretty non technical course, so the climbs will suit her. PF-P will probably be her main rival, though both Evie & Kate are in good form.
Flueckinger is the best bet, followed by Cink; this is were Nino won his last XCO World Cup in 2019, so can he finally equal Julien?