• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

A mini World Cup weekend, with a decent entry, and Discovery/UCI using it a a 'test event' - a pity they're not covering it live, though it will be streamed online elsewhere.

In other news, Vlad Dascalu has extended for 3 more years with TFR; that first World Cup win is surely close.

Filippo Colombo with a low-key but surprising result for me in his first road race for Q36.5, finishing with the main bunch in K-B-K.

I didn't expect him to feature in the northern classics, as I thought his MTB background would make him favour other types of races. Wonder if the team is planning to send him to Strade Bianche. He should have a decent preparation from doing the MTB South African summer.

EDIT: And now I see that he will indeed do the Strade Bianche, and also wants to do Ronde and Roubaix, although he is still a reserve rider for now.

Last edited:

Puck focusing on the MTB and Paris 2024 Olympics....so no more Road for the time being. It will be interesting to see how well she does in the Elites.......which is far more competitive and a deeper field than CX.

yeah, overheard it during the Strade coverage (where she was fantastic)... hyped for her big time. hope she'll do the track introductions on her yt as she did for CX - she is fun. and hope she'll get some big results in elite to secure her place in Paris. i believe the Dutch only have 2 spots so far which can be a bit tricky for the nominations.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt
The maximum number of riders each country can take is 2; so the Dutch will have to choose between Terpstra, Tauber who are the current top 2; Pieterse, and others.......
On another forum they don't rate her chances in XCO,......As CX female riders have a poor record in XCO.
2 is actually the maximum? uff that's harsh. not sure why I was thinking it's 3... or 4 even.
regarding her performance... we'll see: she had few good results in U23 XCO last year... not sure how many starts though... but she was 2nd both in Albstadt and Nove Mesto U23 races. I'm just hyped for her for some reason :)

2 is actually the maximum? uff that's harsh. not sure why I was thinking it's 3... or 4 even.
regarding her performance... we'll see: she had few good results in U23 XCO last year... not sure how many starts though... but she was 2nd both in Albstadt and Nove Mesto U23 races. I'm just hyped for her for some reason :)

She also won in Leogang, 3rd in Lenzerheide, 2nd in the Worlds, and won the Euros....she was the 2nd best U23 rider behind Burquier.

TRENDING THREADS