• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI reels in another small fish

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
I think they toss EPO in the salad, in Central Iberia.:eek:
Yet another Puerto positive.
Xorret de Cati will never be the same.

Don't be like that. Look on the bright side. He's officially a Rock Racing rider now. Let's point and laugh :D

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
I see that Bobby Gesink is house hunting in Girona.:eek:

Rock Racing BS: " OK, scratch another one. Now, where did I leave my Puerto list? They guys may come cheap, but I'm running out of options...."

:eek: So the next is Contador!?

fatandfast said:
funny..fishing..? the guy is a 10 year pro won 3 stages in a grand tour.A dozen wins as a pro. I guess some people are really picky about the size of their fish.It wasn't Boonen but this guy is good.

No, he used to be good. He was good back when he was on iBanesto like 7 seven years ago. This is what the UCI does, cherry picks the old guys who are at the end of the road.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
No, he used to be good. He was good back when he was on iBanesto like 7 seven years ago. This is what the UCI does, cherry picks the old guys who are at the end of the road.

They haven't done so with lance. I guess they would do that though so all their victories are tarnished.

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
The 'small fish' cannot afford all of the means to ensure that they can avoid detection. The 'big fish' have the best dope, the best doctors, and the most resources.

Unfortunately, doping has long been a part of the sport and will probably continue to be. There are millions of dollars at stake, huge egos, fame, glory, and all that jazz.

The good news is that doping does not take away from the aesthetic beauty of the sport. It also doesn't affect the way regular riders enjoy regular rides.

I feel truly sorry for anyone in any profession who feels they have to break rules in order to become successful or achieve their goals. These men deserve our sympathy more than they deserve our scorn.

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
David Suro said:
The 'small fish' cannot afford all of the means to ensure that they can avoid detection. The 'big fish' have the best dope, the best doctors, and the most resources.

Unfortunately, doping has long been a part of the sport and will probably continue to be. There are millions of dollars at stake, huge egos, fame, glory, and all that jazz.

The good news is that doping does not take away from the aesthetic beauty of the sport. It also doesn't affect the way regular riders enjoy regular rides.

I feel truly sorry for anyone in any profession who feels they have to break rules in order to become successful or achieve their goals. These men deserve our sympathy more than they deserve our scorn.

That's pessimism at it's best. Come on, things are getting better and will continue to do so!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
cyclegeek said:
That's pessimism at it's best. Come on, things are getting better and will continue to do so!

It's also what everyone who breaks the omerta tells us. Yet most fans, like you, tend to believe it's not true just because it would be too much to take if it were :eek:

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
It's also what everyone who breaks the omerta tells us. Yet most fans, like you, tend to believe it's not true just because it would be too much to take if it were :eek:

Explain it in terms of Nascar team/budgets. Then they'll understand how the "advantages" are gained. Funny that us 'Muricans don't get incensed when the Oval Road show stars get caught cheating with cars near as much as we call out those in cycling. Similar to a Euro response to rider doping. Meaning to be funny but it seems similar.

TRENDING THREADS