• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI to ban supertuck descending starting April 1st.

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
“We banned the (super-tuck) positions because the riders explained it can give up to 14 per cent benefit and if you don’t use it at the top of a mountain, you can be left behind. But it’s dangerous and the riders said that their wives are not happy when they see them using it.”
“It’ll be like a red card in football. If the race commissaire can see it or if the Video Referee sees it, the rider can be put out of the race,” he explained.

• Angry
Reactions: Sandisfan
“We banned the (super-tuck) positions because the riders explained it can give up to 14 per cent benefit and if you don’t use it at the top of a mountain, you can be left behind. But it’s dangerous and the riders said that their wives are not happy when they see them using it.”
“It’ll be like a red card in football. If the race commissaire can see it or if the Video Referee sees it, the rider can be put out of the race,” he explained.

“And the riders said that their wives are not happy when they see them using it.” !! I guess it’s bad enough having 5 hours a day in the saddle resulting in some erectile dysfunction, they’re drawing the line re: getting balls bashed on the top tube ;)

Last edited:
“We banned the (super-tuck) positions because the riders explained it can give up to 14 per cent benefit and if you don’t use it at the top of a mountain, you can be left behind. But it’s dangerous and the riders said that their wives are not happy when they see them using it.

I'm fairly sure the rider's wives aren't happy when they (the riders) crash either, even more so when they crash into barriers that can potentially injury them.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedheadDane
I'm fairly sure the rider's wives aren't happy when they crash either, even more so when they crash into barriers that can potentially injury them.

Red Rick has already suggested to ban crashes.

Red card to all who crash in a one-day race.

I would suggest a yellow card for the first crash in a stage race plus 2:32 time punishment, 47 points deduction in points competition, 23 points deduction in KOM competition and the requirement of wearing a 3 kg backpack the following three days the first time you're involved in a crash. DSQ the second time.

Red Rick has already suggested to ban crashes.

Red card to all who crash in a one-day race.

I would suggest a yellow card for the first crash in a stage race plus 2:32 time punishment, 47 points deduction in points competition, 23 points deduction in KOM competition and the requirement of wearing a 3 kg backpack the following three days the first time you're involved in a crash. DSQ the second time.

I think if you cause the crash that may work, but innocent bystanders who just get caught up in the crash should a bit of a break.

I think if you cause the crash that may work, but innocent bystanders who just get caught up in the crash should a bit of a break.

No, if you hit the ground, you're out (or yellow card and what follows). Otherwise, it's up to interpretation. That would also thin the field, making it more safe.

You could also run all races as time trials to increase safety.

But riders like Van Aert, Quintana and Schachmann have proved that you can still get hurt.

Maybe just abandon all races. Then cycling will become the safest sport in the world. A true fairy-tale success story.

I would very much like to give this quote all of the possible reactions.
I'll archive it together with BlueRoads's confession of love towards me.

I'm glad you chose one that counts in my like statistic (angry and sad don't do that) as I am breaking away from RedheadDane after having been in her slipstream for most of the winter.

No, if you hit the ground, you're out (or yellow card and what follows). Otherwise, it's up to interpretation. That would also thin the field, making it more safe.

You could also run all races as time trials to increase safety.

But riders like Van Aert, Quintana and Schachmann have proved that you can still get hurt.

Maybe just abandon all races. Then cycling will become the safest sport in the world. A true fairy-tale success story.

As much as I actually enjoy time trials, it doesn't prevent crashes. Remember rain and oil on the road caused one of Valverde's worst injuries and I Izagirre had an even worse crash in that same corner of that ITT.

I'm glad you chose one that counts in my like statistic (angry and sad don't do that) as I am breaking away from RedheadDane after having been in her slipstream for most of the winter.

Wait! There's a competition?
Bloody wheelsucker! And I've been reacting on your posts while you've just been sitting there waiting for your moment! :mad:

It's the supertuck and thread!
Hang on... TOBY!!!! are you supertucking away from me right now? It's not my fault that I'm probably more of a Reichenbach than a Froome when it comes to descending!

Something is going on here.

You two were neck and neck for ages, and now he's suddenly almost 100 points ahead of you.

It's like Cancellara vs. Boonen at Flanders all over again.

Should we take this to the clinic?

TRENDING THREADS