Ugly jerseys

Jun 9, 2010
2,007
0
0
mmmm I don't like Skil - Shimano jersey tho... I don't know... I think that a better post would be "Which Team has the better jersey?"

I really like Xacobeo Galicia skin suit! or Cervélo black suit... this year jersey suck big time..
 
Jul 19, 2010
146
0
0
Ryaguas said:
mmmm I don't like Skil - Shimano jersey tho... I don't know... I think that a better post would be "Which Team has the better jersey?"

I really like Xacobeo Galicia skin suit! or Cervélo black suit... this year jersey suck big time..
I agree with you. My favorite this year is the US continental team Jelly Belly. Awesome graphics!!
 
Some of those are wild. I like the Republic of Anaerobia.

A little off-topic perhaps, but Laurent Brouchard (Castorama rider above) ditched the mullet, got his life straightened out, and started running. Ran a 2:35 marathon this year.
 
Alpe d'Huez said:
Some of those are wild. I like the Republic of Anaerobia.

A little off-topic perhaps, but Laurent Brouchard (Castorama rider above) ditched the mullet, got his life straightened out, and started running. Ran a 2:35 marathon this year.
I was just about to acknowledge the mullet.:D
 
The Footon jerseys are genius in that they've had us talking about Footon this year - that's something most of their riders haven't been able to do, so why not go with an instantly recognisable jersey?

There are some shocking jerseys in the 'lower leagues'. I recall a Japanese one that was particularly bad.



In Europe, I think few can beat CC Loulé-Louletano-Orbitur-Aquashow and their eight billion sponsors:

 
The classic Castorama outfit was awful, although in 1995 they had one that I actually liked:


As for Chazal, it was frickin' ugly, but to be fair I find their current AG2R outfit just as ugly.
(yes, I posted that huge pic of Chazal's jersey before realizing it had already been posted)
 
Jun 9, 2010
2,007
0
0
Alpe d'Huez said:
Not. Even. Close.

You guys must not be old enough to remember Castorama:


Totally love it!!!! I saw that maillot and I remembered the group "Men at work" :D
 
Jul 19, 2010
146
0
0
You are right, we sure are lacking in fashion sense in cycling. So what do you guys think would be better? I personally favor a nice flame job.

Anyone remember Cipolini's "retirement" skin suit? The pink outfit with all his Giro victories listed, like notches in a gunfighter's belt. There was something cool about that.

Of course, the ultimate in cool was Rock Racing showing up with 565 horse power, 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds, pitch black Cadillacs.
 
Gcraenen said:
You are right, we sure are lacking in fashion sense in cycling. So what do you guys think would be better? I personally favor a nice flame job.
Less is more, I'd say. Look at all the best jerseys you can think of and you'll probably see that there isn't a mass of foreground detail on them, competing for your attention.

That's what made '95 Casto nicer than its predecessors, for example, and what makes a lot of bike paintjobs hideous today.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS