• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ugly jerseys

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
mmmm I don't like Skil - Shimano jersey tho... I don't know... I think that a better post would be "Which Team has the better jersey?"

I really like Xacobeo Galicia skin suit! or Cervélo black suit... this year jersey suck big time..

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
mmmm I don't like Skil - Shimano jersey tho... I don't know... I think that a better post would be "Which Team has the better jersey?"

I really like Xacobeo Galicia skin suit! or Cervélo black suit... this year jersey suck big time..

I agree with you. My favorite this year is the US continental team Jelly Belly. Awesome graphics!!

Not. Even. Close.

You guys must not be old enough to remember Castorama:

brochard94.jpg

Alpe d'Huez said:
Some of those are wild. I like the Republic of Anaerobia.

A little off-topic perhaps, but Laurent Brouchard (Castorama rider above) ditched the mullet, got his life straightened out, and started running. Ran a 2:35 marathon this year.
I was just about to acknowledge the mullet.:D

The Footon jerseys are genius in that they've had us talking about Footon this year - that's something most of their riders haven't been able to do, so why not go with an instantly recognisable jersey?

There are some shocking jerseys in the 'lower leagues'. I recall a Japanese one that was particularly bad.

ravanello.JPG

In Europe, I think few can beat CC Loulé-Louletano-Orbitur-Aquashow and their eight billion sponsors:

IMG_8424.jpg

The classic Castorama outfit was awful, although in 1995 they had one that I actually liked:
Durand,%20Jacky%2095a.JPG

As for Chazal, it was frickin' ugly, but to be fair I find their current AG2R outfit just as ugly.
(yes, I posted that huge pic of Chazal's jersey before realizing it had already been posted)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
You are right, we sure are lacking in fashion sense in cycling. So what do you guys think would be better? I personally favor a nice flame job.

Anyone remember Cipolini's "retirement" skin suit? The pink outfit with all his Giro victories listed, like notches in a gunfighter's belt. There was something cool about that.

Of course, the ultimate in cool was Rock Racing showing up with 565 horse power, 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds, pitch black Cadillacs.

Gcraenen said:
You are right, we sure are lacking in fashion sense in cycling. So what do you guys think would be better? I personally favor a nice flame job.

Less is more, I'd say. Look at all the best jerseys you can think of and you'll probably see that there isn't a mass of foreground detail on them, competing for your attention.

That's what made '95 Casto nicer than its predecessors, for example, and what makes a lot of bike paintjobs hideous today.

TRENDING THREADS