• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UK Anti-Doping investigating Linda McCartney Foods

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tinman said:
Sounds like we are getting confirmation of Yates' Team Sky approach on "driving the car and looking the other way". Real question is where was Brailsford in all of this. "sitting in front of his PC and instructing PR the other way" perhaps?

Brailsford looks like the operation's beard. None of the press can raise questions about him without impugning the British track program and its results. No one wants to question the track results.

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Tinman said:
Fron the road.cc article

However, DeCanio added: “The team definitely knew that some of the riders were dirty. If you wanted to use drugs, you wouldn’t lose your job. Doping wasn’t pushed – they weren’t giving drugs out. The team wanted to hire riders who knew how to dope themselves, did it on their own and who would come to races prepared.”

According to The Times, both DeCanio and the other individuals who have supplied information to it say that while doping was not organised at team level, manager Sean Yates was aware that it was going on at the outfit.

Sounds like we are getting confirmation of Yates' Team Sky approach on "driving the car and looking the other way". Real question is where was Brailsford in all of this. "sitting in front of his PC and instructing PR the other way" perhaps?

And what is Julian Clark's bone with BC/Sky for coming out now? Skeleton's starting to come out now... The sound of bones rattling...

Nah, Sky said Yates departure had nothing to do with their omertà policy, (oops I mean zero tolerance policy.) Sky wouldn't lie would they?

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
If I added

Tinman said:
However, DeCanio added: “The team definitely knew that some of the riders were dirty. If you wanted to use drugs, you wouldn’t lose your job. Doping wasn’t pushed – they weren’t giving drugs out. The team wanted to hire riders who knew how to dope themselves, did it on their own and who would come to races prepared....”

...and could show us a clean-looking passport via our internal testing program whilst doing so. Not much point in being ambitious if you can't achieve some ambitious results, right?

Who would I be describing - for another thread, perhaps?

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can see there is still no mention of this story on the UK Cycling Weekly site. So much for the Armstrong scam leading to a new era of fearless investigative journalism...

Robert21 said:
As far as I can see there is still no mention of this story on the UK Cycling Weekly site. So much for the Armstrong scam leading to a new era of fearless investigative journalism...

Unless there was an impact in the world of organised fun rides / sportives then they most likely aren't interested.

CW don't have much interest in any British related doping.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Robert21 said:

There is a reason that it is popularly known as the comic

May 26, 2010
Visit site
my username is flish said:

another guy with some talent f**ked over by the dopers. This is what makes me the angriest.

I will not believe the sport has changed till the cogs of the machine of cycling has changed, by that i mean from the big cogs of UCI, to DS (Riis, Saronni, Ekimov, Unzue, docs Ibarguren, Leinders to riders like Contador, Schlecks and Valverde's still plying their trade as easily as ever, down to small cogs of federations voting the likes of McQuaid in.