• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Ullrich beats Contador to Arcalis

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Guest
Threshold said:
yep that about sums you up...;)

Dont make me quote some previous posts!!! hehe

Another 3 weeker taking a shot. Man, its like gnats but stupider.

I understand though, being from Australia and not having a chance in hell of a winner from your island, you gotta take swipes at others. Its kinda' cute actually.

Now, if you would like to discuss the incident in question and allow me to prove you are wrong, I'd be glad to.
 
Jun 25, 2009
30
0
0
Visit site
ROFL 3 weeks posting how is that relevant? CN was never a place that had forums so did not post here.
I have been riding with results at a state and national level for many years so what is your cred other than a reasonable intelect and good vocab???

I included a smilie to convey humour I dont see that in yours so will assume its your usual crabbiness.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Threshold said:
ROFL 3 weeks posting how is that relevant? CN was never a place that had forums so did not post here.
I have been riding with results at a state and national level for many years so what is your cred other than a reasonable intelect and good vocab???

I included a smilie to convey humour I dont see that in yours so will assume its your usual crabbiness.

If I took your post wrong I apologize. I have been riding a bike in one form or another for almost 20 years. Raced some in the early 90's, but gave up my summers for work with kids. I know it is popular to slam someone who hasn't ridden at the top, but I am pretty sharp and have been following cycling for quite awhile.

Sorry if I flamed in error.
 
May 13, 2009
3,093
3
0
Visit site
linenoiz said:
It was slow because Astana didn't want the jersey. So JB kept trying to slow his team down.

I don't think so. Do you really expect AG2R to drive the peloton for the next week? Astana will do it, just as they did since the TTT.

The one thing I could buy is that Astana drove slowly because they didn't want the stage win to play a role for the GC contender group. With the possibility of a stage win, you often have a few more riders attacking.
 
Cobblestones said:
I don't think so. Do you really expect AG2R to drive the peloton for the next week? Astana will do it, just as they did since the TTT.

The one thing I could buy is that Astana drove slowly because they didn't want the stage win to play a role for the GC contender group. With the possibility of a stage win, you often have a few more riders attacking.

JB did say he was timing it so that someone from the breakaway took the jersey. I'm with you though, I just don't see AG2R controlling the race for a single day. I suspect Astana will find itself doing a fair amount of work tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised to see Popo or Zubeldia in the break.
 
Jun 27, 2009
53
0
0
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
If I took your post wrong I apologize. I have been riding a bike in one form or another for almost 20 years. Raced some in the early 90's, but gave up my summers for work with kids. I know it is popular to slam someone who hasn't ridden at the top, but I am pretty sharp and have been following cycling for quite awhile.

Sorry if I flamed in error.

translated: I'm a washed-up never-was old man who lacks real confidence, started working with kids to make myself feel important, my life generally sucks which is why I spend an enormous amount of time on the intarwebs.

The fact that you work around kids is just scary. Do them a favor and let a real role model take over. You know, somebody who actually is creative and has an imagination. Not some ****er who can't contribute to a post without making ridiculous comments about people. What ridiculous comments? Comments about post count, about "3 weekers", Lance fans, etcetera.

You're just a hater, plain and simple.
 
I have come up with a fun game since I found that Cyclingnews had a forum and then followed it for a few months. I like to start in reading a thread and then after a bit I will scroll quickly past the posters name, read the post and then try to guess whether it is Thoughtforfood, Bigboat, Alpe de Huez, Browhatever or one of the other pathalogical posters on this forum. Sometimes you guys suprise me, but for the most part I'm batting about .700, pretty good in any league!
 
May 12, 2009
207
0
0
Visit site
I don't know that AG2R will be able to defend the jersey, but I'm pretty sure they will try. The yellow is a big deal, especially to a French team.

The only teams that would be OK letting it go are the big favorites teams that feel like they could get it back later in the race.
 
Hugh Januss said:
I will scroll quickly past the posters name, read the post and then try to guess whether it is Thoughtforfood, Bigboat, Alpe de Huez, Browhatever or one of the other pathalogical posters...
I find your one and only post an insulting, pointless attack. Astounding that you would offer nothing else to say, but to dismiss myself and everything I've written in all of the forums here down to being "pathological"

Do you have anything of value to actually contribute here? Or is this going to be the breadth of your posting knowledge?
 
Oy!!!!

Anyone that has been posting here for the last couple of months will know that Alpe is one of the few folk that consistently posts things that are both reasoned and reasonable.

So in your lingo ... I think you struck out on that one (or at least landed on you huge bottom)
 
Alpe d'Huez said:
I find your one and only post an insulting, pointless attack. Astounding that you would offer nothing else to say, but to dismiss myself and everything I've written in all of the forums here down to being "pathological"

Do you have anything of value to actually contribute here? Or is this going to be the breadth of your posting knowledge?

I am sorry I didn't mean to insult you. My post was meant as a joke and by "pathological 3: being such to a degree that is extreme, excessive, or markedly abnormal " I was refering not to the content but the volume of postings in general. In fact your posts are among the easyest to guess due to their unusually fair minded and informed nature which sets them apart from the vast majority here.
 

TRENDING THREADS