• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Ultegra 6600 Flight Deck

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I have Shimano Ultegra 6600 rear derailleur with a 10 speed 12-25t cassette which I am looking to change for a 10 speed, 11-34t or 11-36t. Can someone tell me if this will work without changing the derailleur?

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Thank you. I read through it and I have a short cage derailleur so 29t would be the Max.

So maybe I’ll upgrade both the cassette and derailleur -would the RD-R8000 rear derailleur work With the 6600 10 spd shifters??

or any other suggestions?

No, the pull ratio on the 11 speed derailleurs is different so it won't work, even if you ignore the extra gear. You can probably pick up a GS cage 10 speed 105 or Ultegra derailleur on ebay pretty cheaply.

Other options are:

11 speed shifter, cassette and derailleur (you don't need to change the crankset, front derailleur or shifter, they'll be fine).
Smaller chainrings (6600 is 5-bolt though so this will likely mean a new chainset).

TRENDING THREADS