• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Up and coming riders

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
titan_90 said:
I am interested in seeing how Lars Boom can perform this year as he appears to have super talent. As well as seeing if Gesink can continue to improve. I also will keep an eye Andy Schelck, Vincenzo Nibali and Heinrich Haussler.

Not sure about Nibali, wonder if he can make that last step to being one of the topriders, he is allready trying to make that step for the last few years.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
2007: 1º in Route Adélie de Vitré, Vitré (FRA)
2007: 33º in Liège - Bastogne - Liège, Ans (BEL)
2007: 1º in Stage 4 Tour de la Région Wallonne, Jemelles (BEL)
2008: 3º in Tour du Finistère (FRA)
2008: 3º in Stage 2 Volta Ciclista a Catalunya, La Seu d'Urgell (ESP)
2008: 3º in General Classification Volta Ciclista a Catalunya (ESP)
2008: 34º in Olympic Games, Road, Elite, Juyong Pass, Beijing (CHN)
2009: 1º in GP d'Ouverture, Marseille-Luminy (FRA)
2009: 1º in GP Lugano, Lugano (SUI)
2009: 10º in Stage 1 Paris - Nice, Amilly (FRA)

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
asockpuppet said:
Not his 1st year, but I think Heinrich Haussler could elevate his status this year. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he managed a 'podium' (or better!) in one of the classics this year. This guy is 'nails'

and when he comes good we'll claim him as Australian :)

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
asockpuppet said:
Not his 1st year, but I think Heinrich Haussler could elevate his status this year. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he managed a 'podium' (or better!) in one of the classics this year. This guy is 'nails'

Sure looks that way doesn't it. The Barbie of the peloton is on course for a great year.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Agree.
Bobridge still concentrating on London but after that will be a good thing.
And still add William Walker to the list. Had health issues at Rabobank but still young.

*G*K*S* said:
2007: 1º in Route Adélie de Vitré, Vitré (FRA)
2007: 33º in Liège - Bastogne - Liège, Ans (BEL)
2007: 1º in Stage 4 Tour de la Région Wallonne, Jemelles (BEL)
2008: 3º in Tour du Finistère (FRA)
2008: 3º in Stage 2 Volta Ciclista a Catalunya, La Seu d'Urgell (ESP)
2008: 3º in General Classification Volta Ciclista a Catalunya (ESP)
2008: 34º in Olympic Games, Road, Elite, Juyong Pass, Beijing (CHN)
2009: 1º in GP d'Ouverture, Marseille-Luminy (FRA)
2009: 1º in GP Lugano, Lugano (SUI)
2009: 10º in Stage 1 Paris - Nice, Amilly (FRA)

Thanks GKS! He's even more impressive than I thought. Could he be the real thing? We know that the most recent hopeful like Remi DiGregorio and others
were overblown. Pauriol is looking serious. That 3rd overall in Volta Ciclista a Catalunya is a definite sign of potential.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Farrarr's win last week was very impressive. Hope to see him battling up there more...

He's not a neopro this year, but I'd love to see Edvald Boasson Hagen have a great season.

In Denmark we have high hopes in Alex Rasmussen (for the sprints), Jacob Fuglsang (for the climbs and stage races) and Thomas Vedel Kvist (allround).

Many of the aforementioned names are most likely heading for glory this year or the next one, so I'll only name a couple ones that weren't mentioned yet:

Brice Feillu, Blel Kadri, Arnold Jeanneson and Guillaume Bonnafond from France
Jackson Rodriguez from Venezuela
Diego Milan from Spain
Michele Merlo from Italy

A

Anonymous

Peter Kennaugh from the Isle of Man. And, in a couple of years, his little brother, Tim.

Also interested to see how Alex Dowsett gets on with Trek U23's.

A

Anonymous

stefrees said:
ben swift, remember the name

Two stage wins in the Tdu, and an overall in Picardie last year. Progressing nicely.

Interesting from two years ago to see Lars Boom being highly thought of, hes fullfilling that promise.

Remi Pauriol meanwhile.. not really lived up to the expectation :(