• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

update on spanish doping case

A

Anonymous

Publicus said:
Not a good look for Luis Leon Sanchez. He's been pretty quite this year (save his Paris-Nice win). I was expecting more out of him at the TdF.

More than a stage win??

You're right though, it does all look pretty bad, but as usual, we won't find out the truth anytime soon

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Mancebo sending messages for drugs this year :S, what a genius mancebo is after the last doping scandal.. What happened to him back then I thought he was quite heavily implicated but I dont think he was banned, or retired for very long at all... Makes sense he woudl send something like that, with rock racing cutting back a lot. I would have thought he´d have had enough of this carry on though.

Why dont they name pererio(or however you spell it), he certainly makes the most sense as to who the tdf winner was, they name LLS with similar evidence.

palmerq said:
Mancebo sending messages for drugs this year :S, what a genius mancebo is after the last doping scandal.. What happened to him back then I thought he was quite heavily implicated but I dont think he was banned, or retired for very long at all... Makes sense he woudl send something like that, with rock racing cutting back a lot. I would have thought he´d have had enough of this carry on though.

Why dont they name pererio(or however you spell it), he certainly makes the most sense as to who the tdf winner was, they name LLS with similar evidence.

Mancebo wasn´t banned. He was at AG2r when the Puerto case came to light and consenquently he was fired. Then he only came back the next year with Relax-Gam.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I like Luis Leon Sanchez and his racing style, hell he managed to ride for Saiz and not have his name linked to Puerto.

BTW Alpe, can you run for UCI President in 2013?

Alpe d'Huez said:
Just more depressing news confirming what we all highly suspected already.

Of course, all this happened while the UCI was telling us just about everyone was clean and cycling really didn't have a doping problem and they were catching the cheats.

I'd think it was more depressing hearing that everything is fine and everyone is clean (from the sport's governing body) when it clearly isn't. It's good that at least someone is doing something.

Who was head and shoulder's Rock's best rider of the season?
Why Paco, of course.
Saw a fair bit of him on Rock's European visits, rubbing shoulders with those nice lads from Liberty Seguros.
Took Sammy Sanchez apart in Asturias, on the MTF.
Been tanked up since Cali, IMO.

If Floyd wasn't desperate for a step up, he should have avoided Ball's chancers.

The stuff on LLS and OP is less conclusive.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
His name was on the leaked Puerto documents

Really?

I had looked it up not so long ago and Sanchez's name was not on it. Just checked here and here. I know you can't trust wiki, but the lists are very similar to there and on velonews. But if you know something I don't, and something not printed in the English language, then fair enough. Although I did check here and even in my very basic Spanish, I did not see Sanchez's name on there.

Three different references, and one not in English, and still no LLS.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Really?

I had looked it up not so long ago and Sanchez's name was not on it. Just checked here and here. I know you can't trust wiki, but the lists are very similar to there and on velonews. But if you know something I don't, and something not printed in the English language, then fair enough. Although I did check here and even in my very basic Spanish, I did not see Sanchez's name on there.

Three different references, and one not in English, and still no LLS.

From the famous "document 3" and "document 31", of the (allegedly) hundreds of documents seized in Puerto the only two that were leaked to the press :)

En el documento 3 se observan marcados de distinta forma los nombres de los corredores: Dariuz BARANOWSKY; Josefa BELOKI; Ginpaolo CARUSO; Alberto CONTADOR; Allan DAVIS; David ETXEBARRÍA; Igor GONZÁLEZ DE GALDEANO; Roberto HERAS; Jorg JAKSCHE; Isidro NOZAL; Sergio PAULINHO; Nuno RIBEIRO; Luis León SÁNCHEZ; Michele SCARPONI; Marcos SERRANO y Ángel VICIOSO.

The second reference includes initials of riders’ name that appeared on another training document:

En el reverso del documento 31 se localizan unas anotaciones manuscritas con el título “INDIVIDUALIZACIÓN” en el que se identifican a distintos corredores del equipo LIBERTY-SEGUROS WÜRTH por sus iniciales: R. H. (Roberto HERAS), M. S. (Marcos SERRANO), J. B. (Joseba BELOKI), I. G. (Igor GONZÁLEZ), A. V. (Ángel VICIOSO), J. J. (Jorg JAKSCHE), A. D. (Alan DAVIS), L. (sin identificar), A. C. (Alberto CONTADOR) .

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
If Floyd wasn't desperate for a step up, he should have avoided Ball's chancers.

Has there been an official announcement that Floyd is going to Rock? There seems to be conflicting info on that. I'd really like to believe that Floyd has more sense than to go to Rock, and will stay where he is.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
"Why can't the police go back to playing cards at their offices and pretend there's no doping?"

I wish it was true. Police has more important things to care about than just a bunch of guys who cheat at games.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
From the famous "document 3" and "document 31", of the (allegedly) hundreds of documents seized in Puerto the only two that were leaked to the press :)

Fair enough. Although, odd that his name is never mentioned when I look up the Puerto riders, even in that Spanish article I found.

TRENDING THREADS