• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Updates: How many riders teams will have for the TTT

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Scarponi is sick. He even considered abandoning before yesterday's stage.
One interesting thing Nibali said in an interview is that he doesn't want all of his teammates to be together in the peloton. He thinks it's too dangerous in case a crash occurs. You could potentially lose 2-3 doms in a single crash and that would be devastating for the TTT.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Miburo said:
Velolover2 said:
Sky have the least damaged team. I think they are going to take it. A guy who Dowsett is both injured and in poor shape, so don't expect Movistar to win it.

1. Sky
2. BMC
3. Movistar

No way in hell movistar does better than tinkoff
But if dowsett was healthy than I would bet on that ;)

btw interesitng point with Nibali in the last post.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Tinkoff has a way better team than movistar in the TTT, easily. I mean anything can happen on a given day but normally they'll do better

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Sky are full of time triallist who can climb and vice-versa they should win this, their team is fully fit, they will be last to leave, how anyone can not see then as favorites is beyond me.

I am really happy that none of the big 4 has lost a team mate so far. If you consider that there are 13 abandons (sorry if this number isn't correct) so far and that there are 22 teams its really unlikely that exactly these four teams haven't lost one single rider.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Vasilis said:
Sasquatch said:
TMP402 said:
Sasquatch said:
Sky winning a TTT

lol

Like they did in Romandie with a worse team two months ago?

Unrelatedly what chance is there of one team catching another? You often see the stragglers get caught but a whole team?

Romandie means nothing.
Why?

Isn't it obvious?

It was basically flat
It was 10km shorter
There was no competition like they will face here.

Them winning Romandie means sweet *** all.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

Jagartrott said:
Ramon Koran said:
Sky are full of time triallist who can climb and vice-versa they should win this, their team is fully fit, they will be last to leave, how anyone can not see then as favorites is beyond me.
TTT and TT is something quite different, for the umptieth time.
Not realy, it is just a question of how much power 9men can produce taking turns at the Front, teams with strong ttists are going to be the best in ttt.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
I am really happy that none of the big 4 has lost a team mate so far. If you consider that there are 13 abandons (sorry if this number isn't correct) so far and that there are 22 teams its really unlikely that exactly these four teams haven't lost one single rider.

I'm surprised none of them has crashed out, had a big crash or lost an enormous amount of time.

Sasquatch said:
Vasilis said:
Sasquatch said:
TMP402 said:
Sasquatch said:
Sky winning a TTT

lol

Like they did in Romandie with a worse team two months ago?

Unrelatedly what chance is there of one team catching another? You often see the stragglers get caught but a whole team?

Romandie means nothing.
Why?

Isn't it obvious?

It was basically flat
It was 10km shorter
There was no competition like they will face here.

Them winning Romandie means sweet **** all.
Romandie had a hill towards the end too. Besides, their Giro performance then says even less, because that one was actually flat and even shorter. Besides, the fact they did win in Romandie, while their team was clearly in bad shape, proven by the rest of the week, means, despite the weak competition, they can go well.
I think Sky will podium in the TTT.

Ramon Koran said:
Not realy, it is just a question of how much power 9men can produce taking turns at the Front, teams with strong ttists are going to be the best in ttt.
Look at Quickstep's winning TTT during the world championships 2012, 2013 - some TT prowess, sure, but also guys like Boonen en Velits. In 2013, Sky came third with arguably riders that are better at TT individually. Also in 2014: BMW won, but again with guys like Oss and Velits. You also need body - pure wattage - and a well-balanced team.

TRENDING THREADS