• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Urban Downhill Race: VCA 2010

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I do not know if these guys are jackasses or retards. Life must be cheap in Valepairiso Chile. Maybe they are ready to race in the Belgium Kermesses?

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
I do not know if these guys are jackasses or retards. <snip>

Neither. What's wrong with it? I'd say it shows confidence in their bike handling skills.

I'd love a run on that course, but i think i'd break something on the double drop towards the end. If i hadn't crashed before hand :D

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Met de Versnelling said:
Neither. What's wrong with it? I'd say it shows confidence in their bike handling skills.

I'd love a run on that course, but i think i'd break something on the double drop towards the end. If i hadn't crashed before hand :D

It is all good, but the potential for serious carnage hitting a pole standard is acute, but then again I have been ti the Reno Air races and seen WWII fighters become dusted in the desert...... Both balls out, reminds me of unlimited fuelers.....the stairs at speed are impressive!

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah, this same race has been getting passed around various threads already.
But it seems to get better every time! :D

My favorite part (besides the dog!) is the final jump:
In through the doorway, out through the window! :eek:

Road>General>Crazy VCA Downhill Race
Zerak-Tul said:

TeamSkyFans said:
weird co-incidence. Id just added something similar to the youtube thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO0VLouJFNQ&sns=em

Cafe>General>The Youtube Thread
TeamSkyFans said:
possibly the most idiotic downhill cycling course ever :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO0VLouJFNQ&sns=em

those people are insane.

MTB>General>VCA 2010 Race Run

RDV4ROUBAIX said:

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
pure class in a pin striped suit and shirt and tie.
vca%20chile%202010.jpg

Granville57 said:
Oh yeah, this same race has been getting passed around various threads already.

oops! didn't know about the youtube thread and didn't bother to look in MTB (although I doubt I'd have thought of "VCA Sun Race 2010" title and this footage)
:eek:

i kept thinking that these are some incredibly long and steep streets that would be a killer climb to ride up