• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USA Cycling and juniors/future pro's

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
This is my first post. I've been reading CN and lurking here for years - I now feel I had to post something that I don't see being addressed (or maybe I missed the thread?)

From what I've read on here and elsewhere, the source of the modern era of doping coincided with USA Cycling (and its predecessor) upping the ante to try to win Olympic cycling medals, and the employment of Eddie B. There is plenty of evidence that juniors were being co-erced into doping (see the Greg Strock lawsuit).

There's also a lot of evidence that USA Cycling is a money-making machine controlled by buddies of Lance. Who runs or has had huge influence at USAC? Jim Ochowicz, anyone? I'm not going to cover the whole USAC thing here (see http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=13715)

My main point is why is there so little coverage anywhere about the role of USAC in all of this and their influence over juniors? For god's sake the junior series is still named after Lance! And, from a purely selfish point of view as the father of a junior racer, who the hell is going to clear out all these cronies who are still in the cycling "industry'? USAC, Nike, Oakley, Trek, UCI, cycling magazines, pro team managers and DS's - how is it ever going to get clean? If my son ever got the chance to turn pro with these people still around I think I'd ask him to wear a wire.

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS