• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USA Pro Challenge

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 7, 2009
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
The American fans got to see the Yellow Jersey holder though....at the back....and climbing off his bike...after urging all the fans to come watch in Denver.

I intentionally tuned out the race this year (for the most pat, but not entirely) and went on a solo ride in the mountains far away from the crowds.

I can't believe in Froome.. or many others, come to think of it. I also don't believe that the cadre of riders "who quit doping in 2006" really did, and there are overall winners and stage winners of this race in that group.

Also, USA Cycling is the devil ... and so is the UCI, so I guess there are 2 devils involved with this race.

And then we have Bob Roll .......:rolleyes:

May 11, 2009
Visit site
In today's Denver Post the organizers are looking into a mountain top finish next year - possibly Mt. Evans or Pikes Peak both over 14,000-ft height. A repeat of Flagstaff is also a possibility.