USA Pro Cycling Challenge, Stage 4; Aspen to Beaver Creek, 156.4 kms

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 7, 2009
1,282
0
0
I'll probably see the stage on the road tomorrow, but only as coincidence.

TD might wanna sprint for KOM points early on tomorrow and then catch a ride with the peloton down to the Springs.
 
Jun 1, 2011
2,500
0
0
I think because of the T-storms, the TV pane is down today. So they we using the backup of the normal TV towers on the peaks. The approach to BC must have been out of range or line of sight for the TV motos???
 
Jun 1, 2011
2,500
0
0
Geraint Too Fast said:
Lol. We get live pictures of the autobus on the climb.
The helo should have not been out of range.:confused:

Great ride by Jens. Good for Tejay dispite the war of words.
 
Mar 10, 2009
1,318
0
0
BillytheKid said:
I think because of the T-storms, the TV pane is down today. So they we using the backup of the normal TV towers on the peaks. The approach to BC must have been out of range or line of sight for the TV motos???
There are plenty of sites that NBC could have set up transmitting stations on the final climb (I used to hike the ridge-line with my dogs when I lived there).

The fail was NBC, not the weather.
 
Mar 28, 2012
87
0
0
Deagol said:
TD might wanna sprint for KOM points early on tomorrow and then catch a ride with the peloton down to the Springs.
Castiblanco seems determined to win it back. I'd guess he'll have it by Boulder.
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
0
0
Jens is a badass. I'm not going to say he'll be missed cause everytime I see TDG I think of Voigt. :p

His sense of humor might be missed though. Let's make him UCI president.
 
Eurosport were left fuming, last night.
Absolutely scathing about the quality of coverage.
Told everybody to write and complain to the USP Challenge lot.
Said they would certainly be having strong words, "at a higher level",
themselves.

I think this, after last year's debacle, will probably mean that Eurosport and Eurosport World may well not take coverage, next year.

Would be very bad news indeed.


As for the race: Some of the smaller teams, who have no GC ambition, chase down the Stetina break, get the bunch to within two and half minutes of Jens, with over 40 kms to go, then sit up.
Everybody then stops and swan around for 20kms.
A tiring Voigt goes back out to 6 minutes and takes the win.
RSNT, join Garmin and BMC as stage winners.

Half way through the stage, it clearly became a post Tour criterium.
 
Jun 1, 2011
2,500
0
0
Mellow Velo said:
Eurosport were left fuming, last night.
Absolutely scathing about the quality of coverage.
Told everybody to write and complain to the USP Challenge lot.
Said they would certainly be having strong words, "at a higher level",
themselves.

I think this, after last year's debacle, will probably mean that Eurosport and Eurosport World may well not take coverage, next year.

Would be very bad news indeed.


As for the race: Some of the smaller teams, who have no GC ambition, chase down the Stetina break, get the bunch to within two and half minutes of Jens, with over 40 kms to go, then sit up.
Everybody then stops and swan around for 20kms.
A tiring Voigt goes back out to 6 minutes and takes the win.
RSNT, join Garmin and BMC as stage winners.

Half way through the stage, it clearly became a post Tour criterium.
A monsterous insult to Jens. Pictures over on Steephill show the effects of alttitude during Stage 5.

Why don't you present your treatise on how altitude does not effect our oxygen needs dring exercise.:confused:

As with last year's race, once T-storms appear, the broadcast plane is down. These storms are of the type the produce tornados which are uniquely common to North American in terms of their number. Tornados would be rare in the mountains, but again altitutde plays a role in that wing icing at the height they are required to fly above 14,000 ft peeks. Also strong wind shear (down drafts and what Jens was riding into) air become dangerous especially in thin air.

P + P said enough for me to understand that they had gone to a back up of using micorwave towers for normal TV brodcast relays from the area peaks. This is a line of sight relient. The Approach to Beaver Creek was apparently "blind" enough for the moto singles to dropped out.

Basiscally the altitude effects the whole thing in so many ways. Your delight in the personal attack is noted.
 
Jun 16, 2009
15
0
0
BillytheKid said:
A monsterous insult to Jens. Pictures over on Steephill show the effects of alttitude during Stage 5.

Why don't you present your treatise on how altitude does not effect our oxygen needs dring exercise.:confused:

As with last year's race, once T-storms appear, the broadcast plane is down. These storms are of the type the produce tornados which are uniquely common to North American in terms of their number. Tornados would be rare in the mountains, but again altitutde plays a role in that wing icing at the height they are required to fly above 14,000 ft peeks. Also strong wind shear (down drafts and what Jens was riding into) air become dangerous especially in thin air.

P + P said enough for me to understand that they had gone to a back up of using micorwave towers for normal TV brodcast relays from the area peaks. This is a line of sight relient. The Approach to Beaver Creek was apparently "blind" enough for the moto singles to dropped out.

Basiscally the altitude effects the whole thing in so many ways. Your delight in the personal attack is noted.
Thanks for posting that so eloquently. It is a shame that people have no clue how oxygen impacts a body. I really am not understanding the hatred toward this race.
 
Jun 16, 2009
15
0
0
cineteq said:
Perhaps due to the dreadful tv production? :confused:
I think it's more a hatred toward the weather than. When storms move in the Rockies, you can get anything from snow, hail, rain, to gale force winds. The stages where there have been issues are when the weather has been a factor. That does suck.

Regardless, tomorrow I'll be up on Flagstaff cheering all the riders up the hill.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts