• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USADA - Armstrong

Page 290 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2012
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:
+100000000000000000

I don't think you understand the "+1" concept. Either you have 100000000000000000 personalities that do not know of each other, and all somehow influenced you to reveal their number without revealing themselves to each other, you actually have 100000000000000000 sitting at one computer wanting to support that subject, or you just don't get the concept at all.

Fortyninefourteen said:
He got even faster when he fitted a multi-cog freewheel that different tooth configurations on each cog.

That was brilliant trademark Armstrong of course, but I think one technique Armstrong invented that's often overlooked in its importance is stepping out of the saddle and pedalling without actually sitting down for short periods of time.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Deagol said:
This is something I have wondered about. There is no love lost between WADA and the UCI if I recall correctly. It would be nice to see WADA issue a press release or something to substantiate this.

The plot thickens....

Rogers asked McQuaid about it at a press conference today at the Olympics. McQuaid declined to comment.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
chewbaccad said:
i don't think you understand the "+1" concept. Either you have 100000000000000000 personalities that do not know of each other, and all somehow influenced you to reveal their number without revealing themselves to each other, you actually have 100000000000000000 sitting at one computer wanting to support that subject, or you just don't get the concept at all.

+100000000000000000

:d

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
I don't think you understand the "+1" concept. Either you have 100000000000000000 personalities that do not know of each other, and all somehow influenced you to reveal their number without revealing themselves to each other, you actually have 100000000000000000 sitting at one computer wanting to support that subject, or you just don't get the concept at all.

that's very funny sir

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Kennf1 said:
Rogers asked McQuaid about it at a press conference today at the Olympics. McQuaid declined to comment.

'We are here to talk about the Olympics, not about the giant pachyderm that is in the middle of the room.....chewing of tall grass, waving of its trunk playfully around, and also relieving itself unabashedly and with belligerent impunity. No sir, we are here to talk about the Olympics."

Race Radio said:
http://playtrue.wada-ama.org/news/w...risdiction-in-us-postal-service-cycling-case/

WADA confirms USADA jurisdiction in US Postal Service cycling case

Python is a prophet here.

In a letter of August 7, WADA Director General David Howman explained that article 15.3 of the World Anti-Doping Code (Code) gives USADA the jurisdiction to bring a case against the six individuals involved, and that the UCI had misinterpreted its own rules in light of the Code.

As clarified in the WADA letter, Article 15.3 states that the Anti-Doping Organization (ADO) “which discovered the violation” must have results management authority, and not the ADO which discovered the first shred of evidence which then led to the discovery of violations.

If I understand this correctly, he is saying that while Landis might have first communicated with USAC (which, though, is not an ADO), USADA actually followed up on this to obtain actual evidence of violations by the six who have been charged.

This is huge in the PR war. No longer can LA claim that it's just USADA, a renegade organization, out to get him. WADA is a much bigger adversary. The heat has just racheted up.

Also raises a big question: will this influence Sparks’s decision on dismissal of LA’s suit, given that so much of that is based on UCI having jurisdiction?

Microchip said:
Woo-hoo!!!! :)

The WADA statement also claimed that Howman’s letter “pointed out that there is no provision within the Code that allows the UCI to interfere with the USADA case based on the UCI’s own rules.”

When asked by VeloNews about the letter during the post-race press conference for the men’s Olympic keirin, McQuaid said, “I prefer not to talk about the U.S. Anti-Doping agency. I’m here to talk about the Olympic Games.”

Is McQuaid going to pick a fight with WADA now? Golly this is good!

Pat's conflict of interest might start turning some heads at the UCI. WADA just might go thermonuclear on old Patty. Couldn't they drop a simple ultimatum: Keep USADA independent or leave the Olympics?

Then the UCI has to decide what is more important; Saving Pat's Heinie or keeping Olympic status . . .

Race Radio said:
http://playtrue.wada-ama.org/news/w...risdiction-in-us-postal-service-cycling-case/

WADA confirms USADA jurisdiction in US Postal Service cycling case

little_kid_approve_gif.gif

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
The WADA statement also claimed that Howman’s letter “pointed out that there is no provision within the Code that allows the UCI to interfere with the USADA case based on the UCI’s own rules.”

When asked by VeloNews about the letter during the post-race press conference for the men’s Olympic keirin, McQuaid said, “I prefer not to talk about the U.S. Anti-Doping agency. I’m here to talk about the Olympic Games.”

His preferences and views are increasingly irrelevant by the minute. I believe we've never experienced an official within the realm of international sports committing seppuku in full public view like McQuaid has done during the last weeks.
Just wait until the USADA gives its verdict and journos wise up to the level of complicity from the head honchos at UCI. McQuaid is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.