• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USADA - Armstrong

Page 408 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Mishrak said:
Wow. I didn't think he'd really accept the ban. I expected him to, but I honestly figured he'd take it to arbitration anyway. I really did want to hear the testimony made public.

He had no choice. Arbitration was a huge perjury trap, and would have served no purpose in any case.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
Brent Schrotenboer ‏@Schrotenboer
Lance Armstrong: "I know who won those seven Tours.... Nobody can ever change that. Especially Travis Tygart."

And now nobody will ever be able to change the fact that he won them doping.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
"From the beginning, however, this investigation has not been about learning the truth or cleaning up cycling, but about punishing me at all costs. I am a retired cyclist."

I call BS Lance, it is about cleaning up the sport and you are the biggest pile of trash being sent to the curb!

In the letter, which was also provided to the Statesman, Herman said: “You are on notice that if USADA makes any public statement claiming, without jurisdiction, to sanction Mr. Armstrong, or to falsely characterize Mr. Armstrong’s reasons for not

requesting an arbitration as anything other than a recognition of UCI jurisdiction and authority, USADA and anyone involved in the making of the statement will be liable.”:eek:

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Lance...

coward1.jpg

But this isn't over yet. The moment they take the step to sanction him, the new flood of lawsuits will come.

Of course, I call him a coward, because he refuses to sit and listen to anyone leveling charges against him.

The biggest narcissist of all time.

57596-49806.jpg

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Weeks ago, this is what I thought would happen, so I am not surprised. Let him continue with groundless lawsuits...

SCA lawyers, get out your word processors!

thehog said:
In the letter, which was also provided to the Statesman, Herman said: “You are on notice that if USADA makes any public statement claiming, without jurisdiction, to sanction Mr. Armstrong, or to falsely characterize Mr. Armstrong’s reasons for not

requesting an arbitration as anything other than a recognition of UCI jurisdiction and authority, USADA and anyone involved in the making of the statement will be liable.”:eek:

I think he's saying he'll sue the civilly if they try to sanction him?

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
CQmanager said:
Cant you read?

"Lance Armstrong accepts lifetime ban, loss of Tour de France titles"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lance-armstrong-accepts-lifetime-ban-loss-of-tour-de-france-titles

Read a bit further:

Armstrong, 40, said his decision did not mean he would accept USADA's sanctions. His lawyers threatened a lawsuit if USADA proceeded with punishing Armstrong, arguing that the agency must first resolve myriad disagreements with the International Cycling Union over whether a case against Armstrong should be pursued against based on the evidence.

As I have predicted...

Skrew you guys, I'm going home. To sue your pants off (later).

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
i called it right. he refused arbitration and said the USADA process is illegitimate. It's now down to organizations and riders to either recognize him as the legitimate winner or not. and as fans we have to make a judgment about whether the victories were rightfully his or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS