• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Usain Bolt

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Firstly, sorry to bring up a track athlete in a cycling forum... I just wanted to ask whether anyone thinks Bolt is doing anything new or is simply doing what others have been doing for years? Thanks.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
doing it in Jamaica. No testing. Gov't complicit in allowing.

So, he can dope all day everyday, and just make sure the stuff passes thru his system by competition time. Unmatched advantage.

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
doing it in Jamaica. No testing. Gov't complicit in allowing.

So, he can dope all day everyday, and just make sure the stuff passes thru his system by competition time. Unmatched advantage.

beee carefulllll cat. That type of real deal is tough for some to follow!

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
He is the Lance of Track. Improving an already high level performance by 4% in one year is something never happened in the (doping full history of) short sprints. Not even Ben Johnson did it, not Carl Lewis, nobody.

Even more disturbing is this:

WR-100m 9,95 in the Sixties to 9,93 in the 80s, to 9,86 in the 90s, to 9,79 in the early 00s (??) to 9,58... no way. Every decade the WR is broken by no more than 0,07 seconds and all of a sudden it´s broken by almost 0,20?

And remember the Anti-Doping-Agency of Jamaica: no tests, didn´t even exist ´till last year.

But the same explanations as known from Lance: he has long legs = bigger steps, trains harder, faster tracks, lighter shoes, blah blah blah (i remember the 80s, it was said you need to bulk up like Ben Johnson coz you have to have a fast start; in the 90s it was said you need to run like Michael Johnson (short fast steps)). Conclusion: Never trust self-called sport scientists but trust your common sense and you´ll see there´s something real wrong.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Shaq looks bad
0517_large.jpg

May 5, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
He is the Lance of Track. Improving an already high level performance by 4% in one year is something never happened in the (doping full history of) short sprints. Not even Ben Johnson did it, not Carl Lewis, nobody.

Even more disturbing is this:

WR-100m 9,95 in the Sixties to 9,93 in the 80s, to 9,86 in the 90s, to 9,79 in the early 00s (??) to 9,58... no way. Every decade the WR is broken by no more than 0,07 seconds and all of a sudden it´s broken by almost 0,20?

And remember the Anti-Doping-Agency of Jamaica: no tests, didn´t even exist ´till last year.

But the same explanations as known from Lance: he has long legs = bigger steps, trains harder, faster tracks, lighter shoes, blah blah blah (i remember the 80s, it was said you need to bulk up like Ben Johnson coz you have to have a fast start; in the 90s it was said you need to run like Michael Johnson (short fast steps)). Conclusion: Never trust self-called sport scientists but trust your common sense and you´ll see there´s something real wrong.

couldn't agree more!

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
i'd like to have faith in Bolt actually, if you don't mind. there isn't any evidence against him.

i know from a friend who has trained with him that he has a rep for being lazy and unprofessional, the complete opposite of any sort of programme.

just a supreme talent, nothing like his rivals in any parameter.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
That´s right there is more chance to improve, i saw him train in a lousy way too. He can train still much better, so i expect him to run even faster than the weak 9.58

Since his opponents are all loosers it should be no wonder that won day Bolt will win by 1 sec....

I just try to imagine a absolute normal looking scoreboard like this:

1. Bolt 8.66 (the super hard training natural super talent with a big heart)
2. Gay 9.75 (the first of the lazy untalented opponents who don´t have the will)
3. Powell 9.80
etc. etc.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
He running in Shanghai on the 23rd, going to go watch.

The one thing he has in his favour for me is that he is such a physical outlier to the rest of the 100m runners.

Not that I don't think he is on something, but none of his compeitors has the same physiology

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
galaxy1 said:
i'd like to have faith in Bolt actually, if you don't mind. there isn't any evidence against him.

i know from a friend who has trained with him that he has a rep for being lazy and unprofessional, the complete opposite of any sort of programme.

just a supreme talent, nothing like his rivals in any parameter.

And lazy and unprofessional people wouldn't resort to doping???:confused::confused::confused:

A

Anonymous

B.Rasmussen said:
Yep, here it is: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=2973

Look, it's back from when you posted under the "BanProCycling" name. No wonder you remembered it so well.

Nice find Inspector! At least in this iteration, he has turned the knob off of "Full genius." Maybe by only a notch, but any improvement to his inane banter is a blessing.

His Trollkraft is good on the comment though, he posted it to let us know who he is. We already knew, but he had to tell us. It gives him a sense of power because he is the one who so slyly revealed it, he thinks. He cannot remain anonymous. His mental illness will not allow it.

TRENDING THREADS