• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

V2c Cateye cyclocomputer

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The battery on my sensor unit goes flat after about 8 hours of riding in 2 weeks. The battery on the computer keeps going so I have overruled radio interference making the sensor work non-stop for 2 weeks and depleting the battery in the process. I have tried everything in the manual. Any ideas? :)

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
Take it back to the store and ask for a trade in, it sounds like there may be a short in the device where it is draining the battery. If they don't take it back try the manufacturer. Are you using the batteries that the manufacturer lists as the type to use?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks QuadsRme,

I´ll do that. In the mean time I have resorted to disconecting the battery (which is excatly the one specified by CatEye) from the sensor device after each ride. Not nice to have to do, but...