• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vacansoleil tour team

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Devolder is a guarantee, but is having doubts himself.
Doesn't want to do this unless in perfect condition. Is still suffering from his friend Weylandt's death.

Considers skipping the tour and focusing on the vuelta.

Buffalo Soldier said:
Devolder is a guarantee, but is having doubts himself.
Doesn't want to do this unless in perfect condition. Is still suffering from his friend Weylandt's death.

Considers skipping the tour and focusing on the vuelta.

Well his performances this year has been nothing but dissapoiting. So I'm not sure if it's just about Wouter. Allthough I can imagine it having a huge influence on someone.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Carrara did a reasonable Giro, and they were quite visible in terms of being in the break most days. Jonny was entertaining on a couple of stages but not as much as we'd have hoped. I think they will go better at the Tour.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
will10 said:
With the rigid points system in place now we will see more and more teams going down this road, especially for the Vuelta when a lot of riders are already sorted for next season - why should they ride and get points for rivals in next season's PT team standings

Really is a crap system Thats why the UCI must look at it again - Image the damage it will do the Vuelta and the race of the falling leaves.

Say Gilbert changes teams and the old teams does not select him for Lombardi (sp?), just not right.

using Gilbert as an example, who keeps the omega -lotto points anyway ?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
vacansoleil is in no position to blackmail riders as without those guys (and mosquera) the tour team will be even more useless and vacansoleil is dead last in team rankings

Ryo Hazuki said:
without those guys the tour team will be even more useless and vacansoleil is dead last in team rankings

I doubt they will care about the team rankings

if they don't blackmail them and bring riders like

de Gendt
Devolder
Feillu
Leukemans
Marcato
Poels
Westra
+2

they have a couple of opportunities to win one or two stages which should be fine for them.

Or is Devolder going for the podium again? ;)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
They did have a disappointing giro. They need to have a better 2nd half of the season, otherwise I fear for their survival in the PT.
team should be a lot better at the tour tho. But it will be difficult to make an impact as all teams will bring an a game here.

still some good youngsters with de gendt and poels. Poels certainly has a decent uphill kick also.
Leukemans is a great rider, but it is questionable what he can do at the tour, maybe a couple breakaways and a top 10 or two in the gilbert like finishes.
Marcato could do ok in a stage or two also.
And westra is having a great season, maybe he can do something in a break or do a good ITT.