• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Valverde wins Vuelta a Burgos

Valverde continues his road full of victories!:D

Last stage, lagunas de Neila, Ezequiel Mosquera wins

Final Overall:
1-Valverde
2-X. Tondo
3. Tom Danielson

where is CONI?????????

Valverde for Vuelta a España and the World title:)

A

Anonymous

Aguirre said:
Valverde for Vuelta a España and the World title:)

lets hope not.. in a sport that is fighting to be recognised as clean and fair we do not need valverde winning the world title..

dimspace said:
lets hope not.. in a sport that is fighting to be recognised as clean and fair we do not need valverde winning the world title..

sorry, we will see him at least riding the worlds, and of course the Vuelta, and you know he is able to win... both, then your argument that this cyclist make dirty our sport is more valuable even that UCI's arguments and rules that will allow him to take part?

There is just silence over him (oh!!! the Tour is over and we all know how paranoic people become just before TdF starts) not only because CAS is evaluating the proofs, but also because if these proofs would made him guilty he will be allready out of the game. But there is not such evidence. Then CONI's crussade that will be desintegrated into the air, if it is not allready.

Speak, if you want in 6 months again!

I guess some people should "read" cycling beyond the journalistic sensationalism

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it is a given that Valverde will be riding the World Champs ... he was off the hot plate while the Tour was on, but I think the UCI and CONI will be returning to this subject soon enough.

Aguirre said:
sorry, we will see him at least riding the worlds, and of course the Vuelta, and you know he is able to win... both, then your argument that this cyclist make dirty our sport is more valuable even that UCI's arguments and rules that will allow him to take part?

There is just silence over him (oh!!! the Tour is over and we all know how paranoic people become just before TdF starts) not only because CAS is evaluating the proofs, but also because if these proofs would made him guilty he will be allready out of the game. But there is not such evidence. Then CONI's crussade that will be desintegrated into the air, if it is not allready.

I guess some people should "read" cycling beyond the journalistic sensationalism

You're so right. DNA is totally unreliable.

Digger said:
You're so right. DNA is totally unreliable.

Yeah, but the world wants the proof ot it, not to take for granted that someone SAYS that the proof exists (or that the proof is in their posetion) or to SAY that the blood matches.

Even if this "someone" is called CONI. Please, proofs, proofs, proofs, facts, facts, facts.

A

Anonymous

I was really hoping Tommy was going to pull it out. Hope he is still on the rise and not the down side.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Izoard said:
I don't think it is a given that Valverde will be riding the World Champs ... he was off the hot plate while the Tour was on, but I think the UCI and CONI will be returning to this subject soon enough.

Too early yet - the UCI will wait for the week before the Worlds to announce their decision.;)

Tom Danielson did a great ride, not only deffending the jersey, but also attacking Valverde and the rest. He can do a great Vuelta.
Is he back? Is Garmin's card for the last 3weeks tour of the season?

funny to see how Cyclingnews calls the Irishmen for judgement after Valverde's win in Burgos.

If he doesn't win, then just silence, as in many cases with OP, but Valverde wins and wins, and the bad concioussness grows and grows. Insane.

Aguirre said:
Tom Danielson did a great ride, not only deffending the jersey, but also attacking Valverde and the rest. He can do a great Vuelta.
Is he back? Is Garmin's card for the last 3weeks tour of the season?

It looks like he is time trialing and climbing well. Other times it looked like he might be coming back to some semblance of form, he would time trial okay but then die in the mountains, which should be a specialty of his. He looks good to go for the Vuelta.

Yesterday must have been a huge confidence booster. He had not won a race for nearly three years. A stretch that long must be mentally crushing.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Good for Tom. :D Van Velde and Wiggins' influence is likely helping, so he knows he can do it. Like Swedish tennis players, etc.: it took Borg to win, then a whole host/generation of Swedish players followed.

If Tom can stay injury free, it should add an arrow in Garmin's quiver in future Tour in the high mountains. They need a guy who can climb with the best if they are to even have a hope against the Conti's and Schlecks, etc. Doubtful, but the more competition the better.

Aguirre said:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/walsh-hits-out-at-uci-over-passport

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
There are now quite a few races that the UCI are going to have to change the results of should Valverde be found guilty.. It's a really shocking state of affairs.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Burgos

I was also impressed by Mosquera, as he put in a few tremendous digs to shake Soler and to catch the Irishman Deigman: Great ride and well done!
It seems to me that Mosquera is very reliable and consistent and regularly has good showings in the Spanish races. I wonder why he has never been able to move up to a first tier team?

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
Hammerhed said:
It seems to me that Mosquera is very reliable and consistent and regularly has good showings in the Spanish races. I wonder why he has never been able to move up to a first tier team?

He doesn't want to. I can't be bothered to look it up, but after the Vuelta last year he said that he preferred to be undisputed captain on a smaller team.

He gets to ride the Vuelta, and would also have done the Giro if he hadn't been injured or ill (can't remember which).

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
anubisza said:
There are now quite a few races that the UCI are going to have to change the results of should Valverde be found guilty.. It's a really shocking state of affairs.

the puerto thingy is from 2006, no need to change results at all.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
Good for Tom. :D Van Velde and Wiggins' influence is likely helping, so he knows he can do it. Like Swedish tennis players, etc.: it took Borg to win, then a whole host/generation of Swedish players followed.

If Tom can stay injury free, it should add an arrow in Garmin's quiver in future Tour in the high mountains. They need a guy who can climb with the best if they are to even have a hope against the Conti's and Schlecks, etc. Doubtful, but the more competition the better.

I hope he does well also. Let's hope there is not yet another "intestinal parasite" around Vuelta time

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts