• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Van Den Broeck admits to having visited presumed doping doc Mertens

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Ozon therapy is a hoax, there is no scientific prove it works. It is pure homeopatic hocus pocus 'I want to believe' stuff.

But if VdB did it he will be in trouble as it is forbidden by WADA, for reasons no one knows.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Ozon therapy is a hoax, there is no scientific prove it works. It is pure homeopatic hocus pocus 'I want to believe' stuff.

But if VdB did it he will be in trouble as it is forbidden by WADA, for reasons no one knows.

Makes a lot more sense than banning compression socks, restricting seat angles to 0 degrees, mandating that saddles be at least 10 cm back from the BB, or requiring that bicycle frames have a UCI sticker.

Dave.

hrotha said:
VdV was a 7, right?

He visited this doctor every now and then and his last visit was around the time of his last goal of the season. Sounds like someone's smart enough not to make up details that could easily be disproven.

VDB was an 8. That put him well above Contador and the other GT dopers. Not quite up to Menchov's level though, but only just.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Makes a lot more sense than banning compression socks, restricting seat angles to 0 degrees, mandating that saddles be at least 10 cm back from the BB, or requiring that bicycle frames have a UCI sticker.

Dave.
The only reason why I agree with is because of the no - needle - policy but this one really is a BS outlaw. Question: is acupunture also banned?

Maybe, a very big maybe, it it usefull for:
Ozone is an effective oxidizer that can kill all kinds of bacteria and viruses, including the toxins that they produce. Ozone is germicidal, bactericidal and fungicidal. It also works quickly to destroy any number of poisonous compounds such as chemical waste or pesticides, which makes the substance particularly valuable as a disinfectant in purifying water.
but where is the PED in that?

hrotha said:
VdV was a 7, right?

He visited this doctor every now and then and his last visit was around the time of his last goal of the season. Sounds like someone's smart enough not to make up details that could easily be disproven.

I would not pay too much attention to these numbers, or did you not notice that all French riders got low numbers.

hrotha said:
Low scores might not mean much. High scores however are very significant.

Besides, this was in 2010. Europcar weren't flying.
Either you attach value to the rating, or you don't. What's the point of having it if you think otherwise.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
The only reason why I agree with is because of the no - needle - policy but this one really is a BS outlaw. Question: is acupunture also banned?

Maybe, a very big maybe, it it usefull for:

but where is the PED in that?
Wait, you're suspicious if someone so much as farts in the general direction of a doping doctor, but if they let a doctor actually treat their blood it's all A-okay? It's probably a hoax and a placebo, but as a cyclist you should avoid these kinds of situations.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Either you attach value to the rating, or you don't. What's the point of having it if you think otherwise.

Disagree. You can dope and mask it, or it could be that some riders just weren't doping at that moment.

Just as never testing positive doesn't mean you didn't dope, not having a suspicious blood value at one point in time doesn't mean you aren't a doper either. On the other hand, an extremely suspicious value (like VDB had) can almost only be explained by doping.

theyoungest said:

Wait, you're suspicious if someone so much as farts in the general direction of a doping doctor, but if they let a doctor actually treat their blood it's all A-okay? It's probably a hoax and a placebo, but as a cyclist you should avoid these kinds of situations.

It works the same way as drug tests. Fail and you probably are doping. But passing doesn't mean you aren't .

Though you are free to claim.that we should apply the same all or.nothing standard to.drug tests and therefore if we think ricco doped because he failed a test we have to.consider valverde clean because he never did;)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Strictly spoken it's still a tranfusion, if he were to inject it back into his blood stream during a GT it's still enhancing his performance.
There is no proof of o3 therapy being enhancing in any matter.

The no - needle I am in total agreement with, but...

I'll leave it at that :D
theyoungest said:
Point one, whe don't know what VdB did at the doc's clinic.

Point two, you are saying it yourself, it is a hoax/placebo/whatever, how can anyone - except for the no needle stuff - have a problem with this. If the secret of the 'Sky Tenerife Gang' is dancing around a campfire naked with a big old joint in the mouth making Indian noises it would be fine with me, don't wanna see it though...

Point three, Greg LeMond had a father-son relation with his team docter Belloq, a man with ideas like 'hormone balancing'. Does that mean he should have ignored him?

But you also have a good case. This one is in the middle, it is not like VdB is houseguest of George Mouton, that's all I am saying actually :D

If there was something else going on at the docs my judgement would be very different.

The Hitch said:
It works the same way as drug tests. Fail and you probably are doping. But passing doesn't mean you aren't .

Though you are free to claim.that we should apply the same all or.nothing standard to.drug tests and therefore if we think ricco doped because he failed a test we have to.consider valverde clean because he never did;)
A suspicion index is just that. If you don't think the guys on the top are more suspicious than the guys on the bottom you don't attach value to it. Simple.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts