• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vande Velde on Landis

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/sports_globetrotting/2010/05/vande-velde-recovering-from-crash-feels-pain-landis-causing-the-sport-.html

CVV talks in Chicago Tribune. A little more condemning then JV. I wonder what his potential exposure is compared to Zabriskie.

Seems like the talking point about "bringing up the past" is starting to come up more and more too. Funny, didn't know Floyd won the tour "eight years ago" thought it was only four.

I have been a big fan of Vande Velde in the past, but less so as time has gone by. Never really willing to stick his neck out as far as I can see. This statement adds to my doubts.

BMC fan

BANNED
May 23, 2010
Visit site
carl spackler said:
Seems like the talking point about "bringing up the past" is starting to come up more and more too. Funny, didn't know Floyd won the tour "eight years ago" thought it was only four.

Floyd apparently has immunity for what he did four years ago. His allegations are about what happened at tours in the early part of last decade - before even the Puerto scandal that most people agree has also gone on too long.

I agree with those that say the sport has moved on and it doesn't serve any good purpose to have this spectacle clouding out everything. If Floyd feels some personal release in admitting to his doping then that's great, but it really isn't necessary to take down the sport with him by focusing on the past and getting the police involved.

We are talking about sport here after all. It's not fair on the clean riders today. I bet if we could poll them they would be against this.

If you don't like Armstrong then don't buy his stuff or support him - but don't ruin cycling just to get at one man.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
and the remarkable transformation and recovery from injury last year. Vaughters internal testing program should have picked up his myriad of transfusions surely.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BMC fan said:
Floyd apparently has immunity for what he did four years ago. His allegations are about what happened at tours in the early part of last decade - before even the Puerto scandal that most people agree has also gone on too long.

I agree with those that say the sport has moved on and it doesn't serve any good purpose to have this spectacle clouding out everything. If Floyd feels some personal release in admitting to his doping then that's great, but it is really isn't necessary to take down the sport with him by focusing on the past and getting the police involved.

We are talking about sport here after all. It's not fair on the clean riders today. I bet if we could poll them they would be against this.

If you don't like Armstrong then don't buy his stuff or support him - but don't ruin cycling just to get at one man.
go away Arbiter, please.

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Now they are going to make it a debate on what has gone on since 2006? Did anyone watch the Tour in 07 and 08?

Doping scandals galore.

I don't have anything good to say about Vaughters. What a POS. Why isn't he supporting Landis?

Vandevelde seems like a nice guy, but there's no question who is buttering his bread.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
BMC fan said:

I agree with those that say the sport has moved on and it doesn't serve any good purpose to have this spectacle clouding out everything. If Floyd feels some personal release in admitting to his doping then that's great, but it really isn't necessary to take down the sport with him by focusing on the past and getting the police involved.

Wow, you move this bs from one thread to the next.

Here's my response to your parasitic behavior.

BMC fan said:
After those previous scandels there was a hope that the morals of the sport would change.

In Chinese in regard to combat there is a saying that goes something like, "kick the dog so the lion hears it."

Also the "bigger they are, the harder they fall."

"Pride goeth before a fall." ect.....

When the tragedy of Pharmstrong, Hincapie, DZ, LL, Floyd, the whole sordid mess plays out, there are going to be a lot of people who are going to thing twice about selling their souls.

BMC fan said:
But this time they're not relying on the riders good will. They have a system that is squeezing doping itself - the window to dope is getting smaller and smaller.

Right, so now the big shots like Pharmstrong have a sophisticated system where they transfuse their own blood.

No "scheme" is ever going to be successful without the majority of participants buying into a system of personal integrity and ethical behavior.

What happens when gene doping is pervasive? You gonna turn a blind eye to that freak show?

BMC fan said:
It's interesting that you mentipon Peurto because most people believe that scandal has now on too long consider how long ago it was. So we want to start investigating from even further back, and have that go on for years?

Whose fault is that? That's a rhetorical question I'm going to have to answer for you because you're deliberately confusing the issue.

It's the fault of the drug cheats. It always takes the truth a while to catch up with a lie.

I guess you think it's ok for the cheats to defame LeMond to cover their own asses.

BMC fan said:

That's why Floyd talked before the statute of limitations expired on these crimes.

BMC fan said:
We are talking about sport here after all. It's not fair on the clean riders today. .

They have mouths and their own volition. We're seeing how this is playing out with this punk Taylor Phinney. I guess it's time for the young riders to man up and stop worshipping false idols like LA and GH.

BMC fan said:
I bet if we could poll them they would be against this..

Damn, you're a shameless weasel. We're going to poll some young greyhounds with no experience whatsoever in worldly things while the older dissemblers hide behind them.

BMC fan said:
If you don't like Armstrong then don't buy his stuff or support him - but don't ruin cycling just to get at one man..

If you weren't so delusional you'd realize that cycling is ruined already. No one can trust the results of the races. If that's not what defines ruined I don't know what is. Maybe it would be that the parasites can't suck anymore money from the sport? Is that how you define ruined?

BMC fan said:
Look what Floyd has done to the ToC?

Telling the truth in things that matter is always a good thing.

Way to gild the lilly.:rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

Seems to be another one trying to say "i doped then, im clean now"

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
This one is for Digger!

carl spackler said:

I realize this is an old thread to bump, but I just came it across it while searching for another thread. This quote 2010 from CVV is priceless though! And well worth repeating here in 2014.

I asked Vande Velde how much credence anyone could give to Landis' allegations and confession to having been a big-time doper, given that he had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in denying he had used performance-enhancing drugs after the positive test at the 2006 Tour.

"You're not going to believe too much of it, that's for sure,'' Vande Velde said. "It has been a long stream of lies. I'd like to say I was surprised, but nothing about Floyd surprises me any more.''

Ouch. The internet really does suck sometimes, eh Christian?

I asked Floyd what he thought.

Landis-flipping-off1.jpg

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:
I realize this is an old thread to bump, but I just came it across it while searching for another thread. This quote 2010 from CVV is priceless though! And well worth repeating here in 2014.

Ouch. The internet really does suck sometimes, eh Christian?

I asked Floyd what he thought.

Someone should ask JV as well.............

TRENDING THREADS