• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Versus armstrong coverage...

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SpeedWay said:
Apparently there's no shortage of them around here along with an equal number of whiners. Sad, miserable, pathetic and another thread about LA to boot.
The more things change the more they stay the same.

Are fpc and yourself close? You seem to always pop up in the same threads posting the exact same thing (which happens to be the only thing either of you have ever posted).
 
Does the Versus version of the Tour Down Under have that little Lance icon on the bottom bar to show where he is in the race. You know the one that they used in the TdF so that everyone knew where Lance was the whole time.

ie. They had the little Yellow Jersey symbol, white jersey, Polka-dot jersey, Green jersey symbols to show whether they are in the break, the auto bus, the peloton but they also had the Lance symbol to show where he was.

The first time i saw it i thought it was hilarious. All this for one man. But then i realised that most Americans only watch cycling because of Lance so it is in a way a good thing for the general public to know where the only rider they know in the entire peloton is.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
wrong way round

El Imbatido said:
But then i realised that most Americans only watch cycling because of Lance so it is in a way a good thing for the general public to know where the only rider they know in the entire peloton is.

I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but world wide cyclimg is a very minor sport. In the US it doesn't even qualify as a "niche" sport. It is not part of our culture. Its not that Americans watch cycling only because of LA, we are only ABLE to watch cycling because LA has enough name recognition to justify the airt time. Otherwise Versus makes more $ with Professional Bull Riding. We don't play / watch cricket either.
 
Oct 27, 2009
217
0
0
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but world wide cyclimg is a very minor sport. In the US it doesn't even qualify as a "niche" sport. It is not part of our culture. Its not that Americans watch cycling only because of LA, we are only ABLE to watch cycling because LA has enough name recognition to justify the airt time. Otherwise Versus makes more $ with Professional Bull Riding. We don't play / watch cricket either.

Absolutely agree. As Americans, Lemond is an old-hat, Flandis is now a nobody, or at best, the guy who won it then lost it, so that leaves Lance. Sad that cycling in the US does not have a larger identity or is main-stream. I for one would love for America to embrace Belgian and Europe in general's lifestyles of cycling and good beer.
 
Ferminal said:
Are fpc and yourself close? You seem to always pop up in the same threads posting the exact same thing (which happens to be the only thing either of you have ever posted).

The nice (?) thing about Speedway is that you can put him on ignore and never miss a single bit of pertinent information on any subject. The only thing he ever posts is whinny rants about how anyone who ever posts anything "bad" about Lance needs to shutup and get a life.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.