• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Versus back on DirecTV

This is good news for me personally so that now I don't have to change my satellite provider and go with Comcast. I'll tolerate Paul and Phil and "Bobke" as long as my mute button doesn't wear out.;) Check out the velonews.com site or maybe by the time anyone notices this thread cyclingnews may have posted their own article.

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Good. I know a lot here will complain about them swinging from Lance's nether regions. I will take it anyway, as it is the only coverage here and some coverage is better than none.

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
slowoldman said:
Good. I know a lot here will complain about them swinging from Lance's nether regions. I will take it anyway, as it is the only coverage here and some coverage is better than none.

I think we beat the living s1ht out of this topic yesterday in the p-n stage 7 thread.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Well this is good, I was considering getting a laptop with a mammoth size screen to watch the tour. Now all I need is Universal on Directv for the Giro and Vuelta and I'm all set

franciep10 said:
Well this is good, I was considering getting a laptop with a mammoth size screen to watch the tour. Now all I need is Universal on Directv for the Giro and Vuelta and I'm all set

Have you heard anything promising about Universal returning to Directv? I know last year was more of tease, them testing the waters and taking advantage of Versus' battle with Comcast. Their coverage and the races that replayed were truly like gifts from above.:)

Angliru said:
Have you heard anything promising about Universal returning to Directv? I know last year was more of tease, them testing the waters and taking advantage of Versus' battle with Comcast. Their coverage and the races that replayed were truly like gifts from above.:)

Check to see if Universal is locally available as an over-the-air broadcast.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't think Universal will be as quick to rejoin DirecTv as VS was. VS has the UFC now and I don't have any doubts that that helped make this deal happen. Universal has gymnastics and cycling so 600 people are mad.