• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Versus Fail!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
In a choice between watching Versus coverage and watching the damn race in Italian (which I speak not-a-word), I watch the Italian.

Versus coverage - especially the recap show - is downright unbearable.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
We live in a day and age where you can sit in your comfy chair and see a bike race from a different continent on the same day...and you still find a way to complain?

Probably yell at the microwave too, don't you?

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
eleven said:
In a choice between watching Versus coverage and watching the damn race in Italian (which I speak not-a-word), I watch the Italian.

Versus coverage - especially the recap show - is downright unbearable.

Amen to that statement.

I'm shocked that people still watch Versus. I haven't turned on that channel in months. Whenever I flip past it, it's always some fat a-hole with a hunting outfit talking to his equally sausage-fingered friend about how to maneuver around the defenseless deer so he can shoot it with his rocket launcher.

Hillbilly heaven. That's Versus.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
I'm shocked that people still watch Versus. I haven't turned on that channel in months. Whenever I flip past it, it's always some fat a-hole with a hunting outfit talking to his equally sausage-fingered friend about how to maneuver around the defenseless deer so he can shoot it with his rocket launcher.

Hillbilly heaven. That's Versus.

Some Sundays it does show cycling for maybe 1 hour.

But I agree, whatever else is on that channel is pathetic and I can't see how any of that shit would appeal to a cycling fan.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
Some Sundays it does show cycling for maybe 1 hour.

But I agree, whatever else is on that channel is pathetic and I can't see how any of that shit would appeal to a cycling fan.

com e on I love pro bull riding and whacked out sports followed by bass fishing

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
titleshot said:
Come on Versus! You cant tell the difference between the two schlecks????

"Andy Schleck is back on top winning stage 3 of the tour de suisse"

http://www.versus.com/cycling/

Its on the home page of versus cycling. Check your sources Versus!

Or maybe watch your own broadcast???

You can't blame Versus. They're too busy trying to mention LA's name every couple of minutes to actually keep track of the race.

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Black-Balled said:
We live in a day and age where you can sit in your comfy chair and see a bike race from a different continent on the same day...and you still find a way to complain?

Probably yell at the microwave too, don't you?

Actually its the toaster....

But for real Versus is all we get in the US on basic cable that has cycling, and in this day and age I can only see a race same day if lance is in it. I respect versus for bring cycling to the masses in US on basic cable etc but their reporting is half assed, but I guess thats probably because they get basic cable money..

May 13, 2009
Visit site
titleshot said:
Actually its the toaster....

But for real Versus is all we get in the US on basic cable that has cycling, and in this day and age I can only see a race same day if lance is in it. I respect versus for bring cycling to the masses in US on basic cable etc but their reporting is half assed, but I guess thats probably because they get basic cable money..

Versus is owned by Comcast. And there was this fight during winter how much, say, Direct TV had to pay them to have it on their channel lineup. I don't know how much they asked for, but Direct TV obviously didn't think it was worth it. So it was probably a big chunk of money, not pocket change.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
The best part about Versus is watching them pimp the Bull Riding show or the Deer Hunter special in the middle of a cycling event.

Even better, imagine the folks all jazzed to watch bull riding and duck hunting. Half way through one of those shows, a preview comes on that consists of dozens of skinny European men in spandex pedaling bikes that cost more than the average truck.

TRENDING THREADS