• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Very cool cycling pic

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Came across this picture. All soldiers who have some sort of injury; most have lost limbs. The project is called Wounded Warrior, and one of the things they do is get them out on bikes, or hand-bikes as needed.

167883_501874998414_8532248414_6190829_6116789_n.jpg

I saw the picture and it just resonated with me...a new batch of "cyclists" :)

ETA not sure if this is in the right thread...maybe The Cafe is better?

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
hell yeah very cool i have run into people military and other who lost lower limbs. why stop riding me i have always thought if something like that happened to me i would still want to ride in any possible way my love is too strong awesome nice post.:cool:

forty four said:
hell yeah very cool i have run into people military and other who lost lower limbs. why stop riding me i have always thought if something like that happened to me i would still want to ride in any possible way my love is too strong awesome nice post.:cool:
Yes, it is very cool.

It (a lower leg amputation) happened to me after a cycle training accident in 2007.

I got back on my bike after a 14 month break. Managed 10-min at 100W for my first attempt at pedaling on an indoor trainer. I stuck at it.

Can't be going too bad, I won my local crit yesterday with an attack a few km from home. My final 4-min effort was an all time (pre- & post-amp) personal best power to weight.

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Great cause. I have a lot of respect for them.

But I bet they aren't scoring any points with the people in the cars backed up on the bridge.

Alex Simmons/RST said:
Yes, it is very cool.

It (a lower leg amputation) happened to me after a cycle training accident in 2007.

I got back on my bike after a 14 month break. Managed 10-min at 100W for my first attempt at pedaling on an indoor trainer. I stuck at it.

Can't be going too bad, I won my local crit yesterday with an attack a few km from home. My final 4-min effort was an all time (pre- & post-amp) personal best power to weight.

Well done Alex, what an amazing anecdote. It sounds like a great way to win a Crit too.

TRENDING THREADS