• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Victoria Gran Fondo site is up

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
http://www.victoriagranfondo.com/
Up to 270 km on the beautiful west coast of Vancouver island. A big loop from Victoria to Port Renfrew then inland on the newly pave road to Lake Cowichan and back to Victoria.

Check out the web site. It is a modest GF with hope of attracting up to 200 riders in its inaugural edition. Proceeds to benefit Young racing cyclists to get to their races.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Vegan Dave said:
Heya - glad to see this being organized!

270km is not my idea of a fun day...the shorter the event the better in my books! ;)

Hope it's a success!
Dave
Just get a ride home from Lake Cowichan. I think that is an alternate plan and could be a bus if enough wish to call it a day at that point. Probably around 180 km at that point. Not the 333 meters a lap or the OBB Saturday ride but a good distance for a racer.

TRENDING THREADS