• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Victory Salute Like A Pro

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Having the biggest smile in the peloton, he deserved a couple more...

aixlesbains96.jpg
Michael%20Boogerd%20La%20Plagne.jpg

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Awesome link you provided!

I'm not a big fan of Contador's salute, especially since he's done it multiple times, but the explanations of some of the other salutes can easily be described as priceless! :)

A

Anonymous

The "Oh, Crap, I didnt mean to go quite that fast, there gonna test me now arnt they..." expression
_44016347_tour6.jpg

(i do love vinny... but ya gotta wonder.. :/)

A

Anonymous

and of course...

"The 7% body fat salute..." - granted, one of the rare moments ullrich had to use this one...
worlds93-ullrich.jpg

laura.weislo

Administrator
Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Actually, Zabriskie said the thing about Deeznuts in the press conference, but I'm not so sure it's true. I've heard Cav was gesturing to his white shorts which he decided to wear - guess they're his lucky ones. I'm not so sure it was a fortunate choice considering the unsightly smudge. Or maybe he was pointing to the spot to let the soigneurs know they'll need to get the stain remover out. :-D

A

Anonymous

i missed one...

the slightly mis-timed salute...
dscy-red-lance01.jpg

the "oh god maybe i should diet" salute
Ballerini_F4+cut.jpg

the "yeh yeh.. whatever" salute
Turbo+Wins+Antelope.jpg

and last but not least...
"The can can"
museeuw_j1.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Ahh, the good OLD days... Anyone remember the great...???

25.jpg

The one who guessed it right is supposed to post another Victory Salute (VS) for us to guess...

AND you are not allowed to right click the pic and retrace the source to identify it!

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Ahh, the good OLD days... Anyone remember the great...???

25.jpg

The one who guessed it right is supposed to post another Victory Salute (VS) for us to guess...

AND you are not allowed to right click the pic and retrace the source to identify it!

Could be making a fool af myself here, but is it Andre Tshmil(?) , he won P-R mid 90's I think...............or I could be totally wrong :eek:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
lookkg386 said:
Could be making a fool af myself here, but is it Andre Tshmil(?) , he won P-R mid 90's I think...............or I could be totally wrong :eek:

Correct, Andrei Tchmil... He always looked like someone kicked him out of a wheelchair and forced him to ride the cobbled classics, hunched over and grimaced, but which he did with such a fervor and passion. He fought many a great battle with Johan Museeuw, and I remember his PR win in 1994 well... this picture however was taken right before he announced his retirement in the tour of Belgium 2002. He beat Vinoukorov in a sprint of two in stage three.

He is now manager of team Katyusha.

Your turn!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Neil Stephens rocking the baby in 98, led to way too many of those silly silly postures

EDIT no cant be 98 because of Festina, must have been 96 or 97

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
Notso Swift said:
Neil Stephens rocking the baby in 98, led to way too many of those silly silly postures

EDIT no cant be 98 because of Festina, must have been 96 or 97

I am pretty sure Roberto Conti did that pose in 1994 when he won Alpe'Huez. Although I believe it was not in dedication of a baby, but an 'answer' to a Brazilian player after the WC football final a couple of days earlier. Memory is a bit vague, though.

TRENDING THREADS