• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Video : East German Doping Program

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

buckle said:
Avec son agence SL Sport, il supervise les fédérations sportives (par exemple, l'Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI), Swiss Triathlon, la fédération de patinage de vitesse canadienne) et des coureurs comme McEwen, Ronny Scholz et Grischa Niermann et le triathlète Jan van Berkel.[/i]
brilliant find, buckle.

Salzwedel working both sides.
Say it aint so.
(I've been suspicious of a link between Salzwedel and UCI but could never put my finger on it, even though the evidence seems to have been right there in wikipedia.)

It supports what I speculated about in the Salzwedel thread: namely that Salzwedel left Rusvelo only after having been warned from the inside that the Russian house would come crashing down soon.
After the Rusvelo positives in 2013, Salzwedel tried to paint himself as a victim who wasn't willing to go along with Russian doping.

edit: as for Dr. Martin, has this guy been implicated in anything? (I'd look for that myself later, but maybe you're in the know and can help me out)

Re: Re:

sniper said:
buckle said:
Avec son agence SL Sport, il supervise les fédérations sportives (par exemple, l'Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI), Swiss Triathlon, la fédération de patinage de vitesse canadienne) et des coureurs comme McEwen, Ronny Scholz et Grischa Niermann et le triathlète Jan van Berkel.[/i]
brilliant find, buckle.

Salzwedel working both sides.
Say it aint so.
(I've been suspicious of a link between Salzwedel and UCI but could never put my finger on it, even though the evidence seems to have been right there in wikipedia.)

It supports what I speculated about in the Salzwedel thread: namely that Salzwedel left Rusvelo only after having been warned from the inside that the Russian house would come crashing down soon.
After the Rusvelo positives in 2013, Salzwedel tried to paint himself as a victim who wasn't willing to go along with Russian doping.

edit: as for Dr. Martin, has this guy been implicated in anything? (I'd look for that myself later, but maybe you're in the know and can help me out)

The article is pure gold:-

Martin has accumulated 21 years of experience working with elite athletes and is widely recognized as an innovator and leader in high performance sport. He is also an accomplished applied sport scientist with more than 100 publications investigating topics such as talent identification, development of power, fatigue management, competition analysis, altitude training, and thermoregulation.

Re: East German Doping Program - Heiko's Alma mater

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Hochschule_für_Körperkultur

Heiko's alma mater - not exactly Gordonstoun and muscular Christianity:-

The DHfK in the GDR was the headquarters of the state-run forced doping system . The research in this area were about 20 employees of the Leipzig Research Institute of Physical Culture and Sport performed (FKS). From 1968 to 1972 a pilot study with athletes of SC DHfK were first experiments on the effect of under anabolic taken. The classification of DHfK as a stronghold of anabolic steroids also led to the closure of the University.

An interesting graduate from Ethiopia also ...

http://www.ethiosports.com/2016/05/...etic-coach-dr-woldemeskel-kostre-passes-away/