• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Video: Evans pours water on some dude; accidentally sprays Cavendish. Ha!

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
dlwssonic said:
I thought the admin was supposed to close this idiotic thread.

I believe the admin saw this thread for the comic classic that it is and let it ride. You need to realize that you and ACF can't have hissy fits every time Evans does something that prompts the cycling world to remember what a valuable asset he is to our comic sensibilities. Also, I'm guessing that ACF and your moderator/admin. applications were REJECTED by the CN powers that be. The two of you remind me of rent-a-cops that keep failing the police exams.

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Uh no, they weren't.

#1 you had an imposter on a stage who had gotten past security.

#2 you have a fan getting too close on a climb riders were riding.

#3 you have a guy who had been throwing beer on a rider every lap who got what he deserved.

In the case of Cuddles, you have a diva who was sitting on his bike in a large crowd of moving people who pushed and then threw water on a guy who was just doing his job. Not even close.

ITA. not cool at all.

i've always found him whiny and irritating. i would be surprised if he finished well (even though he does look to be in great form right now). he's just one of those people i expect can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Damiano Machiavelli said:
It does make me wonder how bad Cav must have been for Hincapie to think that riding for Evans was the better option.

Nothing in fact the opposite is true.

ghincapie ghincapie
@
Thanks @petatodd. Miss your boy. Congrats on today!!!!!
6 Jul

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Uh no, they weren't.

#1 you had an imposter on a stage who had gotten past security.

#2 you have a fan getting too close on a climb riders were riding.

#3 you have a guy who had been throwing beer on a rider every lap who got what he deserved.

In the case of Cuddles, you have a diva who was sitting on his bike in a large crowd of moving people who pushed and then threw water on a guy who was just doing his job. Not even close.

#1 Hinault should let security take care of it. He could've seriously hurt the guy pushing him down from the stage like that.
#2 Rogers punching (?) a fan. You can't tell from the picture that he was getting too close or being a hazard. And again, dangerous.
#3 Wellens kicks a fan. The text says the fan had been throwing beer on him, but the picture only shows Wellens kicking him, so that's an assumption. Also very dangerous, for the other fans as well.

Cadel squirted some water at a guy who allegedly squashed him, although the video doesn't show him getting squashed.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
goggalor said:
#1 Hinault should let security take care of it. He could've seriously hurt the guy pushing him down from the stage like that.
#2 Rogers punching (?) a fan. You can't tell from the picture that he was getting too close or being a hazard. And again, dangerous.
#3 Wellens kicks a fan. The text says the fan had been throwing beer on him, but the picture only shows Wellens kicking him, so that's an assumption. Also very dangerous, for the other fans as well.

Cadel squirted some water at a guy who allegedly squashed him, although the video doesn't show him getting squashed.

The fan definitely was spitting and throwing beer on him. I saw the race...

A

Anonymous

goggalor said:

#1 The guy was an imposter who wasn't supposed to be there.
#2 Its ridiculous to think the guy running was not getting too close. Illogical and idiotic actually.
#3 I remember that incident because I follow cyclocross, and I remember when that happened, and all of the reports were that the guy had been throwing beer on him every lap, and Wellens kicked him on the final lap. Of all the pictures, that guy deserved it more than anyone. If you don't know what you're talking about, it's best to leave the subject alone.

Cuddles on the other hand acted like a diva twit and showed disrespect for people who are just there doing their job in a large crowd of people. Maybe Cuddles needs to stay out of the Tour if he doesn't like crowds and close quarters. Its kind of a common thing.

A

Anonymous

Parrulo said:
just shut up with your lies thougthforfood cadel evans is a good boy who has never done anything stupid or rude in his life nor has he ever behaved like a little diva with a weirder personality then sheldon copper. :mad:

...dang, I thought I was right...okay, you win...

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
#1 The guy was an imposter who wasn't supposed to be there.
#2 Its ridiculous to think the guy running was not getting too close. Illogical and idiotic actually.
#3 I remember that incident because I follow cyclocross, and I remember when that happened, and all of the reports were that the guy had been throwing beer on him every lap, and Wellens kicked him on the final lap. Of all the pictures, that guy deserved it more than anyone. If you don't know what you're talking about, it's best to leave the subject alone.

Cuddles on the other hand acted like a diva twit and showed disrespect for people who are just there doing their job in a large crowd of people. Maybe Cuddles needs to stay out of the Tour if he doesn't like crowds and close quarters. Its kind of a common thing.
Crowds on a mountain stage is also a common thing, and the fact remains that Evans didn't do anything dangerous, unlike the three in the pictures. And according to ACF the reports say Evans was getting squashed. If you want to trust the reports in Wellens' case but not in Evans', that's your choice, but it's not particularly honest.
Parrulo said:
just shut up with your lies thougthforfood cadel evans is a good boy who has never done anything stupid or rude in his life nor has he ever behaved like a little diva with a weirder personality then sheldon copper. :mad:
What about the guy in your avatar?

A

Anonymous

goggalor said:
Crowds on a mountain stage is also a common thing, and the fact remains that Evans didn't do anything dangerous, unlike the three in the pictures. And according to ACF the reports say Evans was getting squashed. If you want to trust the reports in Wellens' case but not in Evans', that's your choice, but it's not particularly honest.

What about the guy in your avatar?

If you wanto believe a guy who has Cadel Evens underoos and footy pajamas regarding what happened, that is your choice.

You guys and your handbags are cute.

Toodles!

A

Anonymous

Parrulo said:
what do you mean with that? the guy in my avatar is rui costa so don't know what does he has to do with this thread.

btw i was being ironical in my post. . . .

Went right over his head.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So everyone has to have the same personality as everyone else?

I remember an interview Armstrong gave where a microphone was literally jammed in his face - he didn't even skip a beat, didn't lose his smile or stop talking - absolutely calculated. If that had been me Id have grabbed that microphone and given it a good ****ing shove. I think perhaps Evans would have done something similar.
Part of me wants to dislike Evans (I've said as much in other threads) for the way he seems to crack mentally compared to the likes of Contador, but some of his reactions and the way he's so highly strung makes him a lot more human and likable.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I notice that at least a couple of posters who have been saying how terrible Evans's behaviour is, saying how he should be completely respectful and a good little boy, have "edited by mod" in their posts. It seems these posters don't hold themselves to their own exacting standards.

At least Cadel has the excuse that he is in a high stress environment.

hrotha said:
You must be joking. As a person, I rate Barredo as a 10 out of 10.

I+see+what+you+did+there+2.jpg

:p

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
I notice that at least a couple of posters who have been saying how terrible Evans's behaviour is, saying how he should be completely respectful and a good little boy, have "edited by mod" in their posts. It seems these posters don't hold themselves to their own exacting standards.

At least Cadel has the excuse that he is in a high stress environment.

that's why this thread is still open. the very idea of thought for food lecturing on the merits of civilized behavior is just about as comical as an internet forum could get.:rolleyes: really really funny stuff!

TRENDING THREADS