• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vino forgets about what Condatdor achieve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Today in the article:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/saxo-bank-sungard-set-to-have-a-spanish-feel

“I would have preferred Alberto to stay, but he is doing what he wants, as will those riders who go with him. That’s professional cycling. With Alberto in the team we have won two Tours, the Giro and the Vuelta, which is a good return. If he’s had a better offer, it’s normal for him to leave.

He didn't win two tours at Astano but 4 big tours: 1 Vuelta, 1 Giro and 2 Tour de France. He probably didn't watch cycling when he was suspended....
:):

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
lecedre said:
Hi,

Today in the article:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vinokourov-targets-asian-games-time-trial

“I would have preferred Alberto to stay, but he is doing what he wants, as will those riders who go with him. That’s professional cycling. With Alberto in the team we have won two Tours, the Giro and the Vuelta, which is a good return. If he’s had a better offer, it’s normal for him to leave.

He didn't win two tours at Astano but 4 big tours: 1 Vuelta, 1 Giro and 2 Tour de France. He probably didn't watch cycling when he was suspended....

I'm confused... your Vino quote says "....won two Tours, the Giro and the Vuelta..."

What did he miss?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
lecedre said:
Hi,

Today in the article:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/saxo-bank-sungard-set-to-have-a-spanish-feel

yeah i think you are trying to make nothing into something.
I rather like his response to the situation. It was not smug, but acknowledges AC and his achievements.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Blasphemy!!!! Vino NEVER FAIL!!!!!

double_fail.jpeg

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Although you can feel that he's kind of ****ed of at Berti and wants to pay back with trying to sign the Schleck brothers.

Class cyclist(Vino) though(let's ignore 2007)

About the only thing one could possibly criticize Vino about is the use of the royal "we" here. He wasn't a member of Team Astana in 2008 and most of 2009 (due to suspension), when 3 of the 4 GTs he referenced were won. But that would be quibbling and petty IMO.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
About the only thing one could possibly criticize Vino about is the use of the royal "we" here. He wasn't a member of Team Astana in 2008 and most of 2009 (due to suspension), when 3 of the 4 GTs he referenced were won. But that would be quibbling and petty IMO.

VINO IS Astana.

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Publicus said:

That's why he said we won two. He wasn't there for the others.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm locking this as the OP has confirmed that it was simply a case of them misunderstanding the text of the quote. No need to keep pointing that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS