• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Vinokourov is "Eddie Murphy" funny

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
racerralph said:
I agree with you about the source of the money problems. However, everyone should stop laughing about the future of Lance and Bruyneel. Lance ain't even on the "Astana" payroll now, so he doesn't care about Vino's threats. And, I'd bet Lance and Bruyneel already have lots of other things in the works. You'll see. As for Contador, he'd be a highly desired rider on any other team than Astana. So, I don't think he's worried about anything other than the Tour, which starts Saturday. Give it a watch, when you get off your bike, it's going to be fun!!!

For the same reasons, I'm laughing at the situation-- LA thinks he can control everything and here is Vino making his life miserable- and he ended up being even bullier that LA himself.
but seriously, I wouldn't pity LA or Bruyneel if the deal with Astana falls apart- they already have work getting done for the new Livestrong-Nike team arrival & probably buying their way to get UCI to grant them a Pro-License -- a la Cervelo (by having the Current TDF winner making the new squad- So AC will go along with the plot for another year & then go to Cassie)
 
Jun 9, 2009
320
0
0
Visit site
hfer07 said:
For the same reasons, I'm laughing at the situation-- LA thinks he can control everything and here is Vino making his life miserable- and he ended up being even bullier that LA himself.
but seriously, I wouldn't pity LA or Bruyneel if the deal with Astana falls apart- they already have work getting done for the new Livestrong-Nike team arrival & probably buying their way to get UCI to grant them a Pro-License -- a la Cervelo (by having the Current TDF winner making the new squad- So AC will go along with the plot for another year & then go to Cassie)

AC's contract, is it with the hog or astana.
 
39*23t said:
i pretty much think bruyneel and lance are waiting for the end of season to get their hands on a pro tour license their only problem being that with most of their loyals being in their mid 30's if they don't get contador which potential grand tour winner do they get on their team

I don't think the Pro Tour license even means that much to them. If they (Bruyneel and Armstrong) decide to continue w/o one, they will and they'll probably get into any race they want to get in, like Cervelo did this year.

I'm ready for those two to ride off into the sunset, but I think it just comes down to what they want to do. If they want to continue, they will. If they don't, they won't(the next 3 weeks will probably have some say in which way they go), but no one is going to push them out unless they want to be gone. Hell, I bet the Lance-only fans are happy. They never really liked the fact that Lance was racing for a Kazakh team in the 1st place, especially not one with AC on it.

What is interesting (but not surprising) to me is that JB has hitched his horse to LA again. He got back in the game b/c he had Contador, who he figured could duplicate or come close to duplicating Lance's success but it seems like he could have burnt that bridge now. We're certainly not in the know regarding what Contador really feels, but it certainly seems to be what's happened.
 
Jun 9, 2009
320
0
0
Visit site
sherer said:
is it Bruyneel you are calling the Hog and if so why ?

According to this

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vino-astana-is-my-baby-im-back

Bruyneel didn't have to sign Kloden so how come he is on the team ?

If you read these forums enough you will come across 'the hog' in quite a few of them. Apparently it is his nickname from his days at once.

As for Kloeden he was vino's buddy from t mobile and poduim finisher at the tour.I guess Bruyneel felt he needed another strong rider for ac in the mountains
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
""I am back for one or two years and I would like to do one more Tour de France and wear the yellow jersey, although I am realistic, I know I cannot win it," he said."


if that's not an admission that he can't win without the dope I don't know what is.

You could see this coming from miles away.

No surprise.
 
Jul 2, 2009
3
0
0
Visit site
Contador and Astana

If changes are made Contador will probably go to Caisse d'Epargne and be with his friend Valverde. The two together certainly would make the potential for a dominating team. It's a shame that Valverde will not be part of the Caisse d'Epargne team at the TDF. It appears that he has reached a high level of readiness. Boonen and Valverde should be allowed to compete! :mad:
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
He'll ride with Astana this year but with little hope of success. In other words, he'll be relegated to sweeper duties. Then LA and JB will form the Livestrong-Nike team for next year and Contador will go to either Caisse or Garmin. I suspect Levi and many others will follow LA and JB. Don't be surprised if Kloden goes too since JB gave him the chance to come back !

But LA and JB will build their team around Taylor Phinney and the other U23 riders in the upcoming years and LA will become a DS while JB will continue in a managment role.

Contador will mature and go on to win a few more Grand Tours but never match Lance's 7. No one will ever have control and backing like that anymore.

As for Vino, "his" Astana team will live on in obscurity as he ages and gets shut out of several of ASO's big 3 Tours. He'll ***** and complain and cry foul at LA, JB and the ASO for sabotaging his career and sue everyone in between.

Meanwhile he will become just a faint stain in the fabric of pro racing/doping and be forgotten while everyone else moves on.

The End

PS - he won't go to any other team other than Astana because no one else will take him...
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
Gee333 said:
He'll ride with Astana this year but with little hope of success. In other words, he'll be relegated to sweeper duties. Then LA and JB will form the Livestrong-Nike team for next year and Contador will go to either Caisse or Garmin. I suspect Levi and many others will follow LA and JB. Don't be surprised if Kloden goes too since JB gave him the chance to come back !

But LA and JB will build their team around Taylor Phinney and the other U23 riders in the upcoming years and LA will become a DS while JB will continue in a managment role.

Contador will mature and go on to win a few more Grand Tours but never match Lance's 7. No one will ever have control and backing like that anymore.

As for Vino, "his" Astana team will live on in obscurity as he ages and gets shut out of several of ASO's big 3 Tours. He'll ***** and complain and cry foul at LA, JB and the ASO for sabotaging his career and sue everyone in between.

Meanwhile he will become just a faint stain in the fabric of pro racing/doping and be forgotten while everyone else moves on.

The End

PS - he won't go to any other team other than Astana because no one else will take him...

I think you are probably right - and you have hit one thing that I have been thinking about - will ASO try and keep him out of the Tour?

I dont like the guy and he has put his two fingers up to everyone, UCI, ASO, even the fans.....but he has served his time like Virenque etc so he 'should' be allowed!

Its a pity the name of this thread cant be changed - the only Vino I like is in a bottle.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Rechtschreibfehler said:
From the article:

"There are ongoing discussions. This team has been created for me, I do not see how an agreement could not be reached. "If there is no deal, Johan will have to leave the team," he added.

Sometimes reading is a really helpful thing. ;)

OK, they all deserve each other. You reap what you sow.
 
Gee333 said:
He'll ride with Astana this year but with little hope of success. In other words, he'll be relegated to sweeper duties. Then LA and JB will form the Livestrong-Nike team for next year and Contador will go to either Caisse or Garmin. I suspect Levi and many others will follow LA and JB. Don't be surprised if Kloden goes too since JB gave him the chance to come back !

But LA and JB will build their team around Taylor Phinney and the other U23 riders in the upcoming years and LA will become a DS while JB will continue in a managment role.

Contador will mature and go on to win a few more Grand Tours but never match Lance's 7. No one will ever have control and backing like that anymore.

As for Vino, "his" Astana team will live on in obscurity as he ages and gets shut out of several of ASO's big 3 Tours. He'll ***** and complain and cry foul at LA, JB and the ASO for sabotaging his career and sue everyone in between.

Meanwhile he will become just a faint stain in the fabric of pro racing/doping and be forgotten while everyone else moves on.

The End

PS - he won't go to any other team other than Astana because no one else will take him...

Good prediction. I agree with most of it. I think Lance is back for the next several years, though not as a rider. He'll be a DS, manager, or owner and consequently the Lance supporter/hater conflict will continue. Sadly, many young American riders will be caught up in it as the ire and adoration will trickle down to them. It's actually already started to happen.
 
Mar 10, 2009
221
0
0
Visit site
Armstrong has never had much respect for Vino as an opponent. Vino was looking good and attacking in 2003 & 2005 with Telecom/T-Mobile and Armstrong commented something to the effect that he wasn't too worried about Vino, and I don't think he'd be much concerned with the clown now. Armstrong's attitude is probably a carryover from Johann who just plain can't stand the "Elf." The Belgians will take care of business when push comes to *** kicking.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
And if LA were to leave the sport who else would you have to beat up on in the forums?!?! This place would be anemic without all the LA Hater posts! LOL! ;)
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
i just think its amusing he chose monaco of all places...

im gonna be hunting for him in paris now cos im damn sure he will show his face there too..:D
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Gee333 said:
And if LA were to leave the sport who else would you have to beat up on in the forums?!?! This place would be anemic without all the LA Hater posts! LOL! ;)

The best part of him leaving is that all of you fanboys would be gone again, and sane, well informed opinion on the subject of all aspects of cycling would be the norm once more. As it stands, we will have a couple of months when those that watch cycling because of their hero worship invade and write ignorant, regurgitated rhetoric put out by Lance Armstrong and his attorneys.

Its easier to take by just pinching our noses.

By all means, avoid the late July rush and leave now.

Toodles.
 
Mar 17, 2009
18
0
0
Visit site
And yet again, another reason why the break-up of the Soviet Union was a bad thing.

Freedom? An end to communism? The UK, Europe, as well as other corners of this globe, are awash with Russkies,Ukranians, and the rest, all with the same bullying, bullish, aggressive attitude shown by this doper, at his press conference in Monaco.

If I was JB, I'd get the hell out, and leave these peasants to it.............They've no class and no style.
 
Jul 2, 2009
3
0
0
Visit site
This is hilarious. Vinokourov says herethat he will return to racing and it can only possibly be with Astana because he IS the team.


Quote: "I don't see myself riding for another team," the winner of the 2006 Vuelta a Espana added. "I have no guarantee yet because I expect to negotiate with Bruyneel in the coming days. But it's not possible that he disagrees. If Johan doesn't want me, it will be up to him to leave the team."

Bruyneel must be in pain from laughing so hard at this idiot.

I think it's cute how Vino was caught breaking one of the most important and public rules of our sport and now that he's done his time he thinks that another associated rule doesn't apply to him. Namely, a doping positive gets you 2 years out plus 2 extra years where you can't ride for a ProTour team.

Maybe the Kazakh Goat Herders Association will put up some money for a jersey and a steel frame fitted out with a full Sora groupset to get him back into the sport.
 
Mar 19, 2009
1,311
0
0
Visit site
Big and Shiny said:
This is hilarious. Vinokourov says herethat he will return to racing and it can only possibly be with Astana because he IS the team.


Quote: "I don't see myself riding for another team," the winner of the 2006 Vuelta a Espana added. "I have no guarantee yet because I expect to negotiate with Bruyneel in the coming days. But it's not possible that he disagrees. If Johan doesn't want me, it will be up to him to leave the team."

Bruyneel must be in pain from laughing so hard at this idiot.

I think it's cute how Vino was caught breaking one of the most important and public rules of our sport and now that he's done his time he thinks that another associated rule doesn't apply to him. Namely, a doping positive gets you 2 years out plus 2 extra years where you can't ride for a ProTour team.

Maybe the Kazakh Goat Herders Association will put up some money for a jersey and a steel frame fitted out with a full Sora groupset to get him back into the sport.

Haha ha. They should let him race. The entire top 50 riders right now blood dope with their frozen packed cells. What difference does it makes let him back in. LOL he's cute.
 
May 8, 2009
133
0
0
Visit site
I don't think the 2 extra years ban has ever been enforced. It really was just an agreement between the pro tour teams, but it has no teeth.
 
Jun 13, 2009
180
0
0
Visit site
Basso is at Liquigas. So there's already a precedent for ProTour teams ignoring that 'rule'. I'm not sure it was ever a rule as such, rather an agreement between the teams. Of course, when the incentive is there agreements will be forgotten very quickly.

If Vino wants back in Astana it will happen. Whether or not Astana remains a ProTour team next year is another question entirely.
 
jackhammer111 said:
""I am back for one or two years and I would like to do one more Tour de France and wear the yellow jersey, although I am realistic, I know I cannot win it," he said."


if that's not an admission that he can't win without the dope I don't know what is.

You could see this coming from miles away.

No surprise.

Everyone else was doping back then too, so IF the peleton is clean now it would only make sense that he could not win a tour that he could not win back then. just like Lance has come back with modest aspirations (publicly at least) so has Vino, he would be a fool to do otherwise. Vino is a cheat and should be remembered as one, but he got caught and many did not - to think only those who got caught doping were doing it is frankly foolish.