• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vintage Cycling Photographs

Jun 23, 2017
Visit site
Post your favourite vintage cycling photographs here.

To start with, here is my favourite of Fausto Coppi.
Fausto%20Coppi%20800.jpg

Looking at these again, I don't want to ever again hear a rider say "this climb/stage is too hard for the riders." I mean, seriously? These old guys rode over passes of dirt and gravel, often in deplorable conditions, and roads on the flat lands not much better, with many of them cobbled.

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
Looking at these again, I don't want to ever again hear a rider say "this climb/stage is too hard for the riders." I mean, seriously? These old guys rode over passes of dirt and gravel, often in deplorable conditions, and roads on the flat lands not much better, with many of them cobbled.
Yeah and they said the same thing then.

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
The first stage of the first TdF went from Paris to Lyon, a distance of 467 km (and the cycling short had yet to be invented). HdG forbade derailleurs until 1937 and the only carbon most of those guys ever touched was when they licked the point of a pencil.

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
You forgot descending down those same 'roads' on the old-style brakes and tyres...

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
....this ain't vintage but it is my fave....and the end of my attempt to paint the General part of the forum all blutto ( yeah I lost my mind for a few moments there )....nobody finishes like Oscar !....and he could be vintage as he has retired eh....

1411501482_170094_1411503331_album_grande.jpg

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS