• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana 2023 (February 1-5)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He got 20th in the Giro. He should easily be good enough to get a contract somewhere. But Jumbo may want better even from their depth signings.
I think he's on decent money at Jumbo given that he was one of the better Dutch prospects even when he signed, so he'd have to take a lower salary, probably at a smaller team, while accepting that his career will be a lot more in the margin than was to be expected a few years ago. Yes, he can find a new team if he wants to, but it just isn't a combination that I see adding up to him continuing well into his thirties.

I think he's on decent money at Jumbo given that he was one of the better Dutch prospects even when he signed, so he'd have to take a lower salary, probably at a smaller team, while accepting that his career will be a lot more in the margin than was to be expected a few years ago. Yes, he can find a new team if he wants to, but it just isn't a combination that I see adding up to him continuing well into his thirties.
I don't think Oomen was a great pickup cause he had had one good season which happened to be at Giant when everyone overperformed there.

But right now I like their recruiting, trying to get young talents and developing or trying to get more speculative signings like Milan Vader.

I don't think Oomen was a great pickup cause he had had one good season which happened to be at Giant when everyone overperformed there.

But right now I like their recruiting, trying to get young talents and developing or trying to get more speculative signings like Milan Vader.
I think a big difference with when they signed Oomen is that their development team is really churning out talents now. Even now, you have the likes of Staune-Mittet and Ryan who are remaining espoirs when they're probably ready for the jump to the pros, so the need to make second-rate signings isn't really there anymore because they have so much potential influx already.

TRENDING THREADS