• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta a Portugal (2.1) 29/7 - 9/8

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Kai Reus up in the top 20! Verandas Willems have some very strong engines for this kind of stage, and it showed.
They are having a great season, Claeys and Bille are ready to try (again) at ProContinental level. And ofcourse it's always nice to see a glimpse Kai Reus his talent.

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Pity Sporting doesn't have a cycling team, and I still miss those good old days when they crossed all of Portugal from South to North.

And for those Sky fans, we also had a British winner, Cayn Theakston,in 1988 I think

Re:

Sem Travões said:
Pity Sporting doesn't have a cycling team, and I still miss those good old days when they crossed all of Portugal from South to North.

And for those Sky fans, we also had a British winner, Cayn Theakston,in 1988 I think
Cayn Theakston and Ian Steel are two key figures in British stage racing history that never get the credit they deserve because the races they won were off the mainstream radar.

Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Sem Travões said:

Cayn Theakston and Ian Steel are two key figures in British stage racing history that never get the credit they deserve because the races they won were off the mainstream radar.

They also sound like British superheroes in a Marvel comic.

Re:

Hakkapelit said:
Would be nice if they showed some timegaps, any tickers available?

All that info should be appearing on the top of the screen soon. I think coverage just started. At least it always did.

edit: ticker in Portuguese. http://www.volta-portugal.com/etapas/phps/filme.php?etapa=1

Gap @ 4 minutes.

Alberto Gallego - Rádio Popular
Bruno Silva - LA Antarte
Héctor Saez - Caja Rural
Florian Nowak - Team Stuttgart
Christopher Hatz - Team Kuota-Lotto

In front.

Classic Volta a Portugal DS's. RP DS (José Santos) trashing his own cyclist (Alberto Gallego) to the moto interviewer saying he should not have been in the break because he's there to help Rui Sousa, saying that he just doesn't understand it and that Gallego is very undisciplined, remembering him of Tiago Machado. All this in a hilariously deperate tone of a parent who gave up on his child.

May 26, 2015
Visit site
José Gonçalves with a monster attack, shame it didn't work out. I miss Sergio Ribeiro and Efapel doing their thing... Anyway, Rui Sousa is here, it's all that matters! I hope he attacks tomorrow, just because he can.

Vamos Rui!

This season Alberto Gallego is a better rider in almost every way shape and form than Rui Sousa. Which explains why the DS is trashing him for not doing enough work to domestique for the decrepit ancient Milaneza fossil that is undoubtedly going to rise like a phoenix once more and brutalize the race.

Sadly there are very few DS in Portugal with vision, so we see Boavista always comitting these mistakes, and Efapel before the change of the DS losing the Volta such as in 2013, when they had it all, for the far smartest OFM, now W52! That's why cycling in Portugal is decaying and it's probable that Larouco and Senhora da Graça will make almost no difference, only for all to be decided in Torre due to the climb distance and finally the ITT

TRENDING THREADS