• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta a Portugal 2016 (2.1, 27.07./07.08.)

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
You tell me. Paulo Martins just got all triggered because I attacked his dear friend Américo Silva on Facebook. Needless to say his clueless hounds were quick to come to his aid. Lord, how I dislike that man - shallow, bad commentator, bully... Truly, nothing redeemable. Probably my bad for trying to start a discussion on Facebook of all places.

Anyway, allez allez whoever's in front. And Ramiro Díaz for blue.
I also tried to address those issues during the Giro and Tour with Olivier, since he seems to be a bit more sceptic when out of the "françois" character, but was ignored. Can't blame him for not putting his bread and water at risk.

But damn, does it make me (and I bet you too, as well) sick. Right? Despite all that, they are so much better than RTP1 on every single metric... Don't you agree?
jens_attacks said:
Betray what? If he can keep up with veloso rivals, he wins this
Until today, veloso protected him and seems to be good friend with him..
Clearly you didn't listen to the interview and missed the final KMs of the stage where Rui won time.

Re: Re:

MacBAir said:
BigMac said:
You tell me. Paulo Martins just got all triggered because I attacked his dear friend Américo Silva on Facebook. Needless to say his clueless hounds were quick to come to his aid. Lord, how I dislike that man - shallow, bad commentator, bully... Truly, nothing redeemable. Probably my bad for trying to start a discussion on Facebook of all places.

I also tried to address those issues during the Giro and Tour with Olivier, since he seems to be a bit more sceptic when out of the "françois" character, but was ignored. Can't blame him for not putting his bread and water at risk.

But damn, does it make me (and I bet you too, as well) sick. Right? Despite all that, they are so much better than RTP1 on every single metric... Don't you agree?
I agree. Anyway, I quite like Olivier Bonamici. Clearly the brightest of the lot. Too bad that Paulo is always bullying him and dismissing his opinion.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

jens_attacks said:
Again the interviews i don't care about those
Veloso didn't betray rui vinhas in any way so far. Actually wouldn't be better for ribeiro too if they win with a portuguese rider?
He stated on the interview that the primary goal isn't his jersey, it's all for Gustavo, with a trembling voice. w52 also helped chasing him when he won those minutes.

BigMac said:
MacBAir said:
BigMac said:

I agree. Anyway, I quite like Olivier Bonamici. Clearly the brightest of the lot. Too bad that Paulo is always bullying him and dismissing his opinion.

It started out as funny banter, but Olivier is more and more relegated to comic relief status. It's not just Paulo doing it either. And as BigMac says, he IS knowledgeable and looks at the sport in a rational light that the others seem to reject.

I've grown to dislike Paulo immensely in spite of his obvious cycling knowledge. I really dislike his commenting style (try taking a shot every time the man refers to "the young cyclist from team x" and I guarantee a blackout within 30 minutes), but the worst part is that the man is purposefully oblivious of anything being bad about cycling (he was involved in some shady business a while back IIRC). And the fact that they have Américo on is just another nail in the coffin. I'd trade both of them for Chagas in a heartbeat really. Keep Moreira on too.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

MikeTichondrius said:
It started out as funny banter, but Olivier is more and more relegated to comic relief status. It's not just Paulo doing it either. And as BigMac says, he IS knowledgeable and looks at the sport in a rational light that the others seem to reject.

I've grown to dislike Paulo immensely in spite of his obvious cycling knowledge. I really dislike his commenting style (try taking a shot every time the man refers to "the young cyclist from team x" and I guarantee a blackout within 30 minutes), but the worst part is that the man is purposefully oblivious of anything being bad about cycling (he was involved in some shady business a while back IIRC). And the fact that they have Américo on is just another nail in the coffin. I'd trade both of them for Chagas in a heartbeat really. Keep Moreira on too.
Can you be more specific?

About the race... Not even Sky would've been able to keep up with W52. 10 riders, 5 are from W52.
Gustavo for a last KM push and 10+ seconds and a bonus?

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.

Radio Popular has 3 riders on the main group.
What the *** are they doing? *** cowards.

Joni Brandão is my favourite rider, now.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Radio Popular with 3 riders and not doing ***. This pisses me off so much.
They could force W52 and then taking advantage of Gustavo Vs Vinhas dogma.

TRENDING THREADS