• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta a Portugal 2016 (2.1, 27.07./07.08.)

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Just use Montejunto as a ''lead-up'' to this:

BigMac said:
This cobbled rarity.

VDaOob8.jpg

BAOQGXu.png

fZY4KRw.jpg

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Tomorrow in arrabida Gustavo will try to make a few more seconds to win this race.

If he doesn´t i think Rui Vinhas will win the race. In normal coditions when you are fighting for a race, you can make better results even if it is in a discipline where you are weaker.

Arrabida as some steep gradients, the enough to a guy win some seconds.

Gustavo is so strong that maybe he can reverse this race.

It´s a pitty that Joni didn´t make it in Serra da Estrela day but this year the organization make this think, and to me without any sense. The top climbs in the middle of the stages in a country that doesn´t have many good and long climbs is not good...

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
The peloton took the wrong road.

You can't make this stuff up.
The Volta has become a *** show. From Portuguese teams not investing on Portuguese talent for leadership, most teams not even trying to win the race, the freakshow supported by FCP, the organization with these parcours and these stupid decisions, RTP completely *** up broadcasts and ignoring the race itself in order to show those pathetic programs with pathetic music (pimba) and an old, uninformed, ignorant, sad view of Portugal...

Why have the race at all? *** it.

And now Rui Sousa is the "porta-voz" of the peloton.

You can't make this up at all.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Max Rockatansky said:
MacBAir said:
Max Rockatansky said:
Veloso looking like a stupid child standing on the road for 10 minutes.
He still bossed the final...

Vinhas should double check his water bottles and his bike before that itt.
Yup, I still hope to see Vinhas attacking tomorrow, somehow. W52 would fire him, but he would get a Volta under is belt and Sporting-Tavira would welcome him just fine.

Re:

BigMac said:
Lol, I was there at the finish. What an absolute stink of town. Smells of rotten fish and cheap beer everywhere.

edit: Oh yeah, about the race. Seemed like a nice sprint to me from behind those 3m steel barriers.

And apparently it's much better than it used to be, hah. Go get some choco frito. And forget the fish smell. :D

Re:

BigMac said:
Lol, I was there at the finish. What an absolute stink of town. Smells of rotten fish and cheap beer everywhere.

edit: Oh yeah, about the race. Seemed like a nice sprint to me from behind those 3m steel barriers.

please tell me you had choco frito for lunch. you cannot go to setubal and not eat choco frito.

(and just as I finished writting this, I remember that you're vegan lol. my bad, sorry)

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
I threw a slice of tofu at the Sado and pretended to fish it. Then fried it. Close enough.

PS: Not bothered at all, no need to ask for sorry. :D
Bets?

Will we see Vinhas lose 5s/km for Gustavo?

TRENDING THREADS