• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta ao Algarve, 15-19/02 (2.HC)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
What the hell is up with the motos in this race? They are consistently effecting the racing by positioning themselves too close and providing huge drafting opportunities. Today the peloton got significant help catching a break that was close to making it. Somebody needs to explain to the moto riders that they absolutely cannot just sit in front of guys who are racing for a stage or GC.

Is it the same idiot every time? Or are the moto guys here very inexperienced and not being given proper guidance?

The moto guys at the Volta a Portugal are very seasoned and they do it too. It wouldn't surprise me if they're the same ones here.

BigMac said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
What the hell is up with the motos in this race? They are consistently effecting the racing by positioning themselves too close and providing huge drafting opportunities. Today the peloton got significant help catching a break that was close to making it. Somebody needs to explain to the moto riders that they absolutely cannot just sit in front of guys who are racing for a stage or GC.

Is it the same idiot every time? Or are the moto guys here very inexperienced and not being given proper guidance?

The moto guys at the Volta a Portugal are very seasoned and they do it too. It wouldn't surprise me if they're the same ones here.

It's driving me up the wall. You would think that "don't motorpace the racers" would be the second most important rule these guys are given after "don't crash into anyone". Does some Portuguese tv director absolutely love head-on close up shots or something?

Zinoviev Letter said:
BigMac said:
Zinoviev Letter said:

It's driving me up the wall. You would think that "don't motorpace the racers" would be the second most important rule these guys are given after "don't crash into anyone". Does some Portuguese tv director absolutely love head-on close up shots or something?

Don't act so surprised. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason why this is happening. It's the ''form over substance'' (if you will) sort of mentality you'll find over here. Safety or rules mustn't even cross their mind as long as the framing is to their liking.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

jaylew said:
manolo57 said:
Asero831 said:
^^ so Demare and Cav will be dropped just like last year

Gavaria will be strong here

Demare will be dropped ? Did you forget he is the defending champion ?

Here we go... :lol:
CeEMyHIWAAE3yBq.jpg

:D

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

manolo57 said:
Okay your picture is funny mayo haha, but anyway, we don't have any proof of the culpability of Demare, so it's unfair to accuse him like that.
It's just a joke because of all the drama that happened after that race. I actually like him as rider and I don't want to accuse him.

Mayomaniac said:
manolo57 said:
Okay your picture is funny mayo haha, but anyway, we don't have any proof of the culpability of Demare, so it's unfair to accuse him like that.
It's just a joke because of all the drama that happened after that race. I actually like him as rider and I don't want to accuse him.

Okay haha !

I hope he will win the race this year to prove everyone what he is able of.

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Trying to post a video but just cant get it right.

Stupid Portuguese reporter asking Greipel what he was expecting to do in tomorrow's stage.

Lucky for him Greipel was in a good mood and replied "arrive some 20 min afyer the 1st guy"

Reporter thought he was joking and still asked: "No, seriously?"

Just hilarious.

TRENDING THREADS