• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta ao Algarve, 15-19/02 (2.HC)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Castroviejo is in great position to win this race, not saying he's going to. Last year on the same course Castroviejo was 36 seconds quicker than Roglic in the ITT. Now that Roglic seems to be climbing like a maniac again, his time trial may have declined some, while it was the exact opposite last season.

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Tony Martin (Team Katusha Alpecin), 21m28s
Lars Boom (Team Lotto NL-Jumbo), 21m35s
Arnaud Démare (FDJ), 21m36s
Alex Dowsett (Movistar Team), 21m40s
Edvald Boasson Hagen (Team Dimension Data), 21m44s
Nelson Oliveira (Movistar Team), 21m44s
Mads Pedersen (Trek-Segadredo), 21m53s
Lukasz Wisniowski (Team Sky), 21m58s
Ryan Mullen (Cannondale Drapac), 21m59s
Gianni Moscon (Team Sky), 22m00s

Re: Re:

del1962 said:
Valv.Piti said:
Ok, Primoz is nuts. This guy seriously has potential to hit it in a GT sometime.

Especially if he gets motorpaced

Pleased for Castroviejo

I wonder how long that police moto man had switched off for? Roglic already being paced by him when we saw it.

Having said that, not Roglic's fault and he was always likely to put in a top 3 ride on this stage anyway to be fair. I think Castroveijo would rightly have cause for complaint though if Roglic had won the stage.

Re: Re:

Orbit501 said:
del1962 said:
Valv.Piti said:
Ok, Primoz is nuts. This guy seriously has potential to hit it in a GT sometime.

Especially if he gets motorpaced

Pleased for Castroviejo

I wonder how long that police moto man had switched off for? Roglic already being paced by him when we saw it.

Having said that, not Roglic's fault and he was always likely to put in a top 3 ride on this stage anyway to be fair. I think Castroveijo would rightly have cause for complaint though if Roglic had won the stage.

I would prefer Roglic to win GC and obviously he didn't make the moto drive like that, but Kwiatkowski has every right to be very annoyed. A five, ten, fifteen second gap could in theory be overcome by a good Ardennes rider on the steep hill finish. 20 seconds plus, almost certainly not. Roglic would still be favourite, but being given a leg up from favourite to near certain winner is no small thing.

He has been a bit of a lucky boy with the motos. When he attacked Martin yesterday, he also got a very helpful slipstream, leading to Dan gesticulating at the motorbike to get lost. He'd still be in the lead now anyway, of course.

TRENDING THREADS