• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 2019, March 25-31

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.jpg

Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
Red Rick said:
DFA123 said:
TomLPC said:
What is valverde doing
Stage is gone, so he was upping the pace hoping Lopez or Bernal would crack and Quintana could get on the podium.
He just cannot abide the thought of attacking racing
Yeah, should have just sat muted in the peloton and not tried anything for his team. That would have been super attacking. :rolleyes:

Yep, as unlikely as it would have been, let's say that Bernal and Lopez were both on the limit and cracked, and Valverde took Quintana with him and they also dropped Yates before the top of the climb. Quintana only needed 25 seconds on MAL and less on the others, and there would have been a 6 second bonus for second on the stage. All very hypothetical, but not impossible.

What a race today... Very entertaining... We only missed a killer attack by Bernal, because the others tried.
Now, for the butthurts around, Yates was losing time against Formolo too... So Sivakov and Valverde were trying to setup something for their leaders

I don't remember watching any Montjuic stage since the one won by Westra years ago, nor the results, usually forgot Catalunya amidst the anticipation of classic season, except for the ttpically star-studded key mountain stages. That was a good race, though, but did this kind of final stage often have impact on GC through the years?

gunara said:
I don't remember watching any Montjuic stage since the one won by Westra years ago, nor the results, usually forgot Catalunya amidst the anticipation of classic season, except for the ttpically star-studded key mountain stages. That was a good race, though, but did this kind of final stage often have impact on GC through the years?

Not sure, but looked like a great way to finish a one week stage race.

And all you would need to do is add another couple of loops to make it potentially even more decisive.

gregrowlerson said:
gunara said:

Not sure, but looked like a great way to finish a one week stage race.

And all you would need to do is add another couple of loops to make it potentially even more decisive.

It looks like a stage that offer temptation for GC guys but with little promise of rewards. I'm not complaining, though, just wanted to know whether it ever decided the top positions.

gunara said:
Don't remember deciding the winner. Apart from crashes it really just gives some action and that's it. Last year Bernal lost second place to a crash.

TRENDING THREADS