• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 21/03/2016 - 27/03/2016 2.UWT

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apparentlty OGE decided during the stage to ride for Impey, because Gerrans did more work in the stage - Allegedly Impey lost Gerrans in the last 500m which is not apparent on the replay - Just another case that the lead out man is faster than the sprinter.

Re: Re:

StephenC2020 said:
Pricey_sky said:
Gigs_98 said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Martin grabbed 1 bonus second at the first intermediate sprint.
So he is now on the podium, right?

I would hope that he's riding his bike right now :D

Zing :)

Seriously though, the tie-break would be stage positions right? Not sure who's ahead there.

Martin is on the podium (virtually) as finished ahead of Porte on all stages except one

roundabout said:
Yes. Martin is something like 60 places ahead
HelloDolly said:
StephenC2020 said:
Pricey_sky said:
Gigs_98 said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Martin grabbed 1 bonus second at the first intermediate sprint.
So he is now on the podium, right?

I would hope that he's riding his bike right now :D

Zing :)

Seriously though, the tie-break would be stage positions right? Not sure who's ahead there.

Martin is on the podium (virtually) as finished ahead of Porte on all stages except one

Thanks folks. So realistically Porte needs a time gap to Martin to get back on the podium then. I'm hoping for an exciting finish today then

Re:

HelloDolly said:
There is another intermediate sprint point at 53 Km....BMC have to block Dan Martin ....Gilbert & Brookwalter need to do something

At the same time Contador will be looking for seconds, though not a great sprinter may look for a gap
And Movistar need to block him

All hands to the pump I expect

A break of about 13 riders has gone and they have about 2 mins on the bunch so I don't think any seconds will be available at the next sprint.

cellardoor said:
HelloDolly said:
There is another intermediate sprint point at 53 Km....BMC have to block Dan Martin ....Gilbert & Brookwalter need to do something

At the same time Contador will be looking for seconds, though not a great sprinter may look for a gap
And Movistar need to block him

All hands to the pump I expect

A break of about 13 riders has gone and they have about 2 mins on the bunch so I don't think any seconds will be available at the next sprint.

I just heard the break is gone ...but could they not catch it ??

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Well looks like the break is holding at 2minutes

I was thinking of Contador ...when I thought they'd bring the break back

But maybe he will go later in the stage ....I believe he wants to win the race so will probably try something
Contador would never be able to get secs in a flat sprint, bringing back the break would only bring Martin closer to him on GC. Of course he wants to win so he'll try something, but the Monjuic climb is just way too easy.