• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 10: Ponteareas > Sanxenxo (190 kms)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2011
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
I don't know why you'd disagree. Degenkolb isn't in the class of the very top fast men on a flat finish, at least at this point in his career. Here though he can beat up on a field of kids, has-beens and never-weres. And because he can deal with the tough stuff (indeed he's better on it than on the really easy finishes), this Vuelta suits him perfectly.

He's a lot better off coming away with a big collection of Vuelta wins than he is scraping a couple of thirds in the Tour.

I disagree because I generally don't like put all eggs into one basket strategy. This is bike race and anything can happen, just look at Argo's results in Tour!! If Degenkolb was there things might be different. I like a team strategy with at least one back up option.

Winning four sprint stages in a row in a GT is no small feat - that's what intrigues me the most about Degenkolbs wins. You may win once or twice a GT sprint (third-class sprinters like Angelo Furlan, Robbie Hunter, Fred Rodriguez, Tomas Vaitkus, Biagio Conte etc. did) - but four of them is more than a lucky punch. It shows Degenkolb has the consistency to become one of the best.

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Winning four sprint stages in a row in a GT is no small feat - that's what intrigues me the most about Degenkolbs wins. You may win once or twice a GT sprint (third-class sprinters like Angelo Furlan, Robbie Hunter, Fred Rodriguez, Tomas Vaitkus, Biagio Conte etc. did) - but four of them is more than a lucky punch. It shows Degenkolb has the consistency to become one of the best.

Hunter was excellent that tour, definitely the second best sprinter across the three weeks.

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
icefire said:
If you're used to the hot soup of the Mediterranean of course. But most people goes there for two reasons: 1) to avoid the African heatwaves and apocalyptic landscape of the south 2) the (sea)food :D

Seafood is amazing in Galicia, and the octopus incredible

RVPRVP

BANNED
Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Can someone tell me were Boonen and Farrar are please, Boonen could of got a few stages here and Farrar could of got his confidence right up.If Tom is preparing for the worlds surely he could have rid 10 stages of la vuelta.This sprinting field sucks ,and were is Renshaw or Demere.
It's a joke.

RVPRVP

BANNED
Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Guys im not hating on La Vuelta,it is a great GC battle but is their any mountain stage with 2 climbs at the end so far its just 1 climb at the end.
I just wonderd how long the climbs are they seem so short ,yet they seem to create the gaps,anyway its a great race.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
RVPRVP said:
Guys im not hating on La Vuelta,it is a great GC battle but is their any mountain stage with 2 climbs at the end so far its just 1 climb at the end.
I just wonderd how long the climbs are they seem so short ,yet they seem to create the gaps,anyway its a great race.

There are two climbs next Saturday, three next Monday and five climbs the last Saturday.

PHILIPPE GILBERT @Phil_Gilbert1

Si Bramati avait été coureur il aurait foutu un sacré coup sur le casque de cet idiot de Terpstra!

"if Bramati was still a rider hewould have hit Terpstra on his helmet"

anyone knows what happened? i did not see the sprint at the Vuelta yesterday

TRENDING THREADS