• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 17: Santander > Fuente Dé (187 km)

Vuelta 2012, Stage 17: Santander > Fuente Dé (187 km)

Contador will attack again, but will he get his tactics right this time?

17_perfil.png

mapa17.jpg

GC after Stage 16
1 RODRIGUEZ OLIVER, Joaquin (KATUSHA) 63:38:24
2 CONTADOR VELASCO, Alberto (SAXO BANK-TINKOFF BANK) + 0:28
3 VALVERDE BELMONTE, Alejandro (MOVISTAR) + 2:04
4 FROOME, Christopher (SKY PROCYCLING) + 4:52
5 MORENO FERNANDEZ, Daniel (KATUSHA) + 6:58
6 GESINK, Robert (RABOBANK) + 7:28
7 TALANSKY, Andrew (GARMIN-SHARP) + 8:28
8 TEN DAM, Laurens (RABOBANK) + 9:00
9 ANTON HERNANDEZ, Igor (EUSKALTEL - EUSKADI) + 9:11
10 ROCHE, Nicolas (AG2R LA MONDIALE) + 11:44

Yeah contadors being dying for a bit of rain to throw up some trouble. Final CLimb is below doesnt look too hard to me, kicks up a little at end purito wont be gapped here, question is another day for the break, de gendt will likely try something again

The rest day can mess with the legs but doubt it affects any of the big 3. Bolo Del Mundo looks a better climb for contador to try something.

Alto_de_Fuente_D%C3%A9_Potes_profile.gif

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooting for contador to win at least one stage before madrid. He's been so closed so many times. I don't care if Purito got dropped or not, but at least he win the sprint *finger crossed*

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Jelantik said:
I'm rooting for contador to win at least one stage before madrid. He's been so closed so many times. I don't care if Purito got dropped or not, but at least he win the sprint *finger crossed*

I'd like to see him get a stage too. Preferably in a sprint where he doesn't have time to do his pistol salute because that's one thing about him I haven't missed.

This looks like a breakaway stage though.

TRENDING THREADS