• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 18: Aguilar de Campoo > Valladolid (204,5 km)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Had the same thought. But not 5 stage wins. Degenkolb is not that much worse. (and defo better on slightly uphill finishes)

Yeah I know, I'm just talking about the maximum number of opportunities for him in this Vuelta.

Even Boonen could've won a sprint here. :D

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations to Bennati! A lot of bad luck this season. But the guy has class and he fights until the end ... and what do you know, he gets his win in the end.
I wish him more success for next year, wherever he will end up!

burning said:
To be fair, Rabo did great this stage

Gesink got 4 amazing seconds, he gained big time
What ending 7th with a man who was not allowed to go for the stage, but wait for the slowest sprinter in the peleton. :)

EDIT: You guys screw me over with that size 1 writing. I DO NOT SEE IT. Hehe. Luckily my guidedog bites me if I keep missing it.

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Have to give Bennati big props...if you watch the sprint replay from above, he stopped sprinting at least 5 lengths from the line, sets himself up, and throwns that bike ahead of Swift. NICE piece of bike handling there.

TRENDING THREADS