• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 21: Cercedilla-Madrid (115,0 km)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Degenkolb takes his 5th stage win! What a fantastic breakthrough the Vuelta has been for him. Can't wait to see him compete with the top sprinters

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Yup. Purito probably loses Combinada too as Valverde is higher on GC.

At least the Combinada jersey wasn't won by the overall winner this time. The last time that happened I think was in 2003 again with Valverde. Don't shoot me if I'm wrong.

El Pistolero said:
At least the Combinada jersey wasn't won by the overall winner this time. The last time that happened I think was in 2003 again with Valverde. Don't shoot me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure you're right. I'm glad it wasn't won by the GC winner because at least it provides it with some legitimacy as a competition for once. But even so, I'm sad for Purito.

congrats to Contador with the Vuelta victory and impressive riding from the danish team SBTB which I reckon been the strongest team, partically in the mauntains.

I for one´ didnt expect that superior riding from SBTB (saxo bank & Tinkoof bank) this season.

been the force that suply impressive tactics on many stages and not least something like 50 attacks from Contador, wich give him five second places and a critical 1 place on a stage that takes center stage this vuelta & not least significant part in history books.

great race and great show and why I for one love see procycling and partically the 3 grand tours..

will miss the vuelta tommorrow at 16´ clock, great way to chill after a long day speculating on the stockmarket :rolleyes:

Libertine Seguros said:
I'm pretty sure you're right. I'm glad it wasn't won by the GC winner because at least it provides it with some legitimacy as a competition for once. But even so, I'm sad for Purito.
Purito only likes Red, he didn't really care for the other jerseys. I'm sad too because he had the chance to win, yet again, another GT. :(

GroupDK said:
congrats to Contador with the Vuelta victory and impressive riding from the danish team SBTB which I reckon been the strongest team, partically in the mauntains.

I for one´ didnt expect that superior riding from SBTB (saxo bank & Tinkoof bank) this season.

been the force that suply impressive tactics on many stages and not least something like 50 attacks from Contador, wich give him five second places and a critical 1 place on a stage that takes center stage this vuelta & not least significant part in history books.

great race and great show and why I for one love see procycling and partically the 3 grand tours..

will miss the vuelta tommorrow at 16´ clock, great way to chill after a long day speculating on the stockmarket :rolleyes:

Nice post.

SBTB. If they had been this effective in the 2011 tdf he would have at least podiumed. I was pleasantly surprised by their degree of support.

Stockmarket is heading down, move to the short side or cash for the next 2 months.

3 weeks is long enough. My employer has had enough of my lost productivity and still having to pay for it! Particularly Wednesday. Nothing got done all afternoon.

The King has returned to his rightful place on the throne!

cineteq said:
Purito only likes Red, he didn't really care for the other jerseys. I'm sad too because he had the chance to win, yet again, another GT. :(

At least this time he doesn't have himself to blame so much. I know he won Giro points jersey on the penultimate day, but he's making a bit of a habit of losing jerseys on the final day of races. That's green (twice), pink and white now.

TRENDING THREADS