• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 9 - Andorra > Barcelona 194,0 km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Purito riding like Evans did when he won the Tour. Always there, looking for every chance and taking it.

Rode a great final TT at Giro (very close to Hesjedal). Katusha has helped him a lot with his TT'ing.

Looking like his race now.

Great stuff, esp. as he's no longer playing a very lowly second fiddle to Valverde (Purito treated like a nobody by his former team, given no chances, I think).

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Impressive performance by Phill and Purito.With 1 minute + with Mirador on his side,he is very serious contender to Froome and Alberto:D

And bad positioning by Piti,he was around 20 when Purito hits:rolleyes:

DominicDecoco said:
Can't believe I actually thought Rabo and Matti had a chance of winning this stage. Not even close.

Brilliant by Phil and JRod.

Alberto mistimed his attack completely as it flattened right after his attack.

Maybe that's what happened. It seemed like a pointless exercise and it cost him in the end.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Alberto still "has a lot to learn."

Valverde didn't know yesterday's finish. He just followed the wheel of someone who did.

Gilbert didn't know today's finish (he even said in an interview that it was harder than it looked on the road book). He just followed the wheel of someone who did.

Yes, Contador still has a lot to learn.

cineteq said:
the official results says he was +58

And? At the time Contador attacked the peloton was still big. The Belgian commentators instantly recognized Stybar as well.
He blew after that on the very steep part.

I'm positive it was Stybar who went with Contador.

In other news, the results now show Niemiec at +12s... he magically reappeared

TRENDING THREADS