• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 9 - Andorra > Barcelona 194,0 km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
icefire said:
Valverde didn't know yesterday's finish. He just followed the wheel of someone who did.

Gilbert didn't know today's finish (he even said in an interview that it was harder than it looked on the road book). He just followed the wheel of someone who did.

Yes, Contador still has a lot to learn.

You do know what Moose referred to, right?

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Like how to time his attacks well?

At least today he clearly mistimed his attack. One of the TV commentators I was listening to is from Barcelona and knows those streets very well. When Contador jumped he said immediately that it was too early. The other commentator is a former pro rider who had raced the now extinct Escalada a Montjuic (on those same streets) and said that the harder ramps were still to come after an almost flat section and he would be caught.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
icefire said:
At least today he clearly mistimed his attack. One of the TV commentators I was listening to is from Barcelona and knows those streets very well. When Contador jumped he said immediately that it was too early. The other commentator is a former pro rider who had raced the now extinct Escalada a Montjuic (on those same streets) and said that the harder ramps were still to come after an almost flat section and he would be caught.

AC had 6 months to prepare for this?? One would think he would done a better recognizance of the different routes. Know the different breaks and tees, or was he assuming it will be a piece of cake? I think we are running out of excuses for AC.

jilbiker said:
AC had 6 months to prepare for this?? One would think he would done a better recognizance of the different routes. Know the different breaks and tees, or was he assuming it will be a piece of cake? I think we are running out of excuses for AC.
I don't see any problems. Excuses for what? he is still in the fight.:confused:

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
jilbiker said:

What are you talking about?

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
burning said:
He's probably talking about that mistimed attack by Contador

Yes, thats what I am talking about. if the spanish commentators local to the region knew the breaks and pattern of the road, why doesn't AC know? 6months, no competition, nothing. He had enough time to come to the each route and take a look, talk with local bikers etc. Even ride it himself. Unless you are saying his so called "mistimed" was what he originally planned but there was something that didn't click....again excuses.

jilbiker said:
Yes, thats what I am talking about. if the spanish commentators local to the region knew the breaks and pattern of the road, why doesn't AC know? 6months, no competition, nothing. He had enough time to come to the each route and take a look, talk with local bikers etc. Even ride it himself. Unless you are saying his so called "mistimed" was what he originally planned but there was something that didn't click....again excuses.

Maybe he found other stages more important. :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS